Wiki Posts
Search

Philadelphia Envoy Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 7:55 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What time does the food roll out in the lounge? Is it only after a certain hour? Are US Envoy pax permitted entry to the LH lounge if they are also Star Gold?
There is no LH lounge at PHL (LH uses Envoy Lounge).

IIHO food is available throughout the afternoon & evening (the lounge is not open until about 1PM).
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by TPJ
There is no LH lounge at PHL (LH uses Envoy Lounge).

IIHO food is available throughout the afternoon & evening (the lounge is not open until about 1PM).
Do you mean a meal or just snack like food? When I was there I only saw cheese, crackers and maybe some kind of salad or possibly pasta but nothing that was really filling. Certainly nothing like the food that I saw in FRA when I flew LH in 1st class.

Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by richinaz
Do you mean a meal or just snack like food? When I was there I only saw cheese, crackers and maybe some kind of salad or possibly pasta but nothing that was really filling. Certainly nothing like the food that I saw in FRA when I flew LH in 1st class.

Thanks.
I was there last month. They have self serve wine, beer and soft drinks. However spirits are only available at the bar. There are a nice spread of snacks...

Bread
Veggies
Crackers
Various spreads and dips
Cold Pasta Salad
Cold Chicken Salad

There are not any hot options. Within a short walk from the lounge there are a couple of restaurants where you can get a very good meal by airport standards.

Last edited by Dan6681; Jun 18, 2010 at 11:52 am
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Hilton-Diamond, UA-1K
Originally Posted by Dan6681
I was there last month. They have self serve wine, beer and soft drinks. However spirits are only available at the bar. There are a nice spread of snacks...

Bread
Veggies
Crackers
Various spreads and dips
Cold Pasta Salad
Cold Chicken Salad

There are not any hot options. Within a short walk from the lounge there are a couple of restaurants where you can get a very good meal by airport standards.
Don't forget the chocolate brownies...
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I was there last week - the club opened at 1:30 and they had everything that Dan6681 mentions, along with an asian noodle salad and another salad that I can't remember. There was also a pretty nice cheese plate. It was enough for a nice lunch, but by the time I left at 3:30 everything was pretty well picked over. I hope they replenished soon after that.

What I'm really curious about is this:

Originally Posted by Dan6681
However spirits are only available at the bar.
I've been there several times over the last year and haven't found the bar (!). I have definitely made use of the drinks area (with wine and beer and sodas) that is on the other side of the food area, but I haven't found the spirits. How did I miss that?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Yup, there is a bar area although if the lounge isn't very crowded the attendant is probably off doing other stuff. You can have self serve or help yourself beer and wine but PA's liquor laws prohibit do-it-yourself liquor.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
The bar is down and to the right when you enter - you probably went left and saw the self serve wine/beer area and snacks - go the other way and tucked away you'll find the bar.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:27 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by geo1005
Yup, there is a bar area although if the lounge isn't very crowded the attendant is probably off doing other stuff. You can have self serve or help yourself beer and wine but PA's liquor laws prohibit do-it-yourself liquor.
Purely by curiosity: how come they can have do-it-yourself liquor at BA Lounge downstairs?

Also... is liquor served on complimentary basis, or they charge this USD 1 minimum as in the B/C Club? (I visited The Envoy Lounge a couple of times, but have never been in a mood for something stronger than wine.)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
Purely by curiosity: how come they can have do-it-yourself liquor at BA Lounge downstairs?
I have no idea! But I'd love to know why.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
And I wonder why they have self-serve wine/beer for free, but in the Clubs, guests have to pay $1.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by TPJ

Also... is liquor served on complimentary basis, or they charge this USD 1 minimum as in the B/C Club? (I visited The Envoy Lounge a couple of times, but have never been in a mood for something stronger than wine.)
It's complimentary, and tips are accepted. They do register all drinks "sold".
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:28 am
TPJ

Thank you fets_be, good to know it is served on complimentary basis.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Hilton-Diamond, UA-1K
Originally Posted by Sally4th
Wifi is not free - I seem to remember it is about $10 a day for use.
Wi-fi is free
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by geo1005
I seem to remember we used to pour liquor ourselves in the old Envoy lounge (Hole in the wall - old terminal) and when they moved to the new terminal in the left side of the Envoy lounge (seems there was a US Club to the right.) I may be confusing PHL with other clubs (the pouring of liquor, not the club ).
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by ashwinbrao
Wi-fi is free
Yes, it is now - my post you quoted was from 2006.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.