FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Club access with First Class ticket? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/499141-club-access-first-class-ticket.html)

NerveEnding Dec 1, 2005 8:07 pm

Club access with First Class ticket?

I have a paid first class ticket coming up out of Las Vegas, switching planes in Phoenix. Does this ticket get me access to the airline clubs? (I'm not a member of any of the clubs.)

Thanks in advance.

AZ Travels the World Dec 1, 2005 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by NerveEnding
I have a paid first class ticket coming up out of Las Vegas, switching planes in Phoenix. Does this ticket get me access to the airline clubs? (I'm not a member of any of the clubs.). . .

I believe that access for first class passengers went the way of free drinks and free wireless upon the integration into US Airways Clubs -- bye, bye.

LAX1K to AmWest Dec 2, 2005 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I believe that access for first class passengers went the way of free drinks and free wireless upon the integration into US Airways Clubs -- bye, bye.

I think you are right. The strange thing is it is not on any FAQ, would be a pretty pissed person if no one told me and I was expecting it.

Would they give them $20 access?? Anyone know?

AZ Travels the World Dec 3, 2005 9:50 am

It's gone

I'm sure it is gone. From America West's website, here is the page that defines the benefits of first class. It used to list lounge access in PHX & LAS as a benefit. No longer.

ryan754 Dec 3, 2005 12:02 pm

Really!?!? I flew a couple weeks ago in Paid F and got to use PHX and LAS lounges.. If this is true HP will not be my back up airline of choice anymore :td:

bltserv Dec 4, 2005 10:59 am

F and the Club ?

Originally Posted by ryan754
Really!?!? I flew a couple weeks ago in Paid F and got to use PHX and LAS lounges.. If this is true HP will not be my back up airline of choice anymore :td:

Now you have my interest as well

I was in the LAS club with a F ticket on 11/7 ?
No problems.
Going again on 1/9/06. Sure would like to know if
my F ticket is not going to get me in now.
Not when I get to the door with my date on the way home.
Anyone from HP got the straight skinny on this ?

bltserv

andre1970 Dec 4, 2005 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

Free Drinks: Still available in the LAS lounge (at least until yesterday!)

Free Wi-Fi: Still available. But anyway, it is courtesy of the LAS airport, not of USAir or America West.

Edited to add: Sorry, no access for F class pax!

Cheers,
A.

KevAZ Dec 6, 2005 2:05 pm

Got a spare $40 to spend more on drinks and Net?

Cost is $40/day pass. Then you get to pay for drinks, AND internet access. AWA and all of the other carriers need to lobby PHX airport for realistically priced T3 access.

enviroian Dec 6, 2005 2:14 pm

On a somewhat related note, will I get complimentary club access at CLT when I'm flying Envoy CLT-LGW in January?

CLTFlyer Dec 6, 2005 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
On a somewhat related note, will I get complimentary club access at CLT when I'm flying Envoy CLT-LGW in January?

Yes, when flying Envoy you have Club access where there is no Envoy Lounge (in other words, anything not PHL).

enviroian Dec 6, 2005 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by CLTFlyer
Yes, when flying Envoy you have Club access where there is no Envoy Lounge (in other words, anything not PHL).

Thanks-

So on the same token I can use the Envoy Lounge at LGW upon Departure correct?

ByrdluvsAWACO Dec 6, 2005 3:47 pm

Gone forever.

I have to agree with AZ Travels, it used to be on that webpage. I remeber looking at it with a friend when he bought his first F ticket ever.

JScottsAZ Dec 8, 2005 10:30 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks-

So on the same token I can use the Envoy Lounge at LGW upon Departure correct?

Yes, you will be able to, as I just did a couple weeks ago. You'll also be able to use the Envoy Arrival lounge at LGW upon arriving from CLT, which with private showers, allows you to get all cleaned up before heading into the city. A nice way to start the day.

HPDTW Dec 8, 2005 4:27 pm

Club access with First Class ticket?

Originally Posted by NerveEnding
I have a paid first class ticket coming up out of Las Vegas, switching planes in Phoenix. Does this ticket get me access to the airline clubs? (I'm not a member of any of the clubs.)

Thanks in advance.

The Free Club Access with a Paid Ticket is pooof gone. As of 11-01-2005 the One Day Pass is $40.00.

This is for PHX and LAS, I called the CP line to question why they would quietly make this marketing change. Not too business friendly.

LAX1K to AmWest Dec 12, 2005 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by HPDTW
The Free Club Access with a Paid Ticket is pooof gone. As of 11-01-2005 the One Day Pass is $40.00.

This is for PHX and LAS, I called the CP line to question why they would quietly make this marketing change. Not too business friendly.

Does that mean the elite access for $20 is gone too?
That was a nice benefit!!