Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an EASIER way to book United flights on USAIRWAYS.COM?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Is there an EASIER way to book United flights on USAIRWAYS.COM?

United.com makes it easy to book a USAirway flight and credit it to your United FF number.

But can you book a United flight on USAIRWAYS.COM and get USAirways FF mileage for it? I looked, but I don't see it.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by DrBeeper
United.com makes it easy to book a USAirway flight and credit it to your United FF number.

But can you book a United flight on USAIRWAYS.COM and get USAirways FF mileage for it? I looked, but I don't see it.
Only if US/HP doesn't serve the city-pair (ex. ORD-NRT). I understand from comments on F/T that you can give your DM number to UA @ United.com, but I'm sure that someone can correct me if that's wrong.

Jim
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
* Alliance flights have not been added to the new US Airways website. There are numerous threads and posts about this fiasco!

The easiest way to do it is to go to United's website and book. It allows you to enter in your Dividend Miles number during the booking process.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:37 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by DrBeeper
There's an easy way. Go to the "address bar" and type "ual.com". Then enter your reservation with your US DM #.

Sarcastic, yes, but it's the only easy way (see previous posts).

Of course this means that your reservation is not touchable @ ual.com (no UA FF #) or usair.com.

Why do you need to book on usair.com and not united's site (other than the above issue)?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ralfp
There's an easy way. Go to the "address bar" and type "ual.com". Then enter your reservation with your US DM #.

Sarcastic, yes, but it's the only easy way (see previous posts).

Of course this means that your reservation is not touchable @ ual.com (no UA FF #) or usair.com.

Why do you need to book on usair.com and not united's site (other than the above issue)?
I love sarcasm.

Why don't I use United.bomb? There are tons of threads about how awful that site is.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could also use orbitz.com. It let me put a US DM number on a UA flight. It works well and I can avoid both .bombs
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ralfp
Do you get double miles with the DM Master/Visa card by booking on Ual.com?? That's my concern about it.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees
* Alliance flights have not been added to the new US Airways website. There are numerous threads and posts about this fiasco!

The easiest way to do it is to go to United's website and book. It allows you to enter in your Dividend Miles number during the booking process.
I tried doing that recently. Unfortunately, the UA.com site didn't list the US flights I wanted. I ended up having to book with US.com. I have tried e-mailing ,calling and using Live Chat at US to get my MP # added to the booking information. But I haven't been able to get through. Their CS is really backed up.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by maxheadway
I tried doing that recently. Unfortunately, the UA.com site didn't list the US flights I wanted. I ended up having to book with US.com. I have tried e-mailing ,calling and using Live Chat at US to get my MP # added to the booking information. But I haven't been able to get through. Their CS is really backed up.
When I look on UA for any sort of flights, I specifically request that UA and US flights are listed as a part of my search. There is a dropdown menu to select the * Alliance carriers you want to include in the search.

Once you get to the booking process, there is another dropdown menu for * Alliance airlines and beside it is a blank where you enter your US (or other * Alliance) FF number. When the reservation confirmation is e-mailed, it contains your FF number at the end of the e-mail.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees
When I look on UA for any sort of flights, I specifically request that UA and US flights are listed as a part of my search. There is a dropdown menu to select the * Alliance carriers you want to include in the search.

Once you get to the booking process, there is another dropdown menu for * Alliance airlines and beside it is a blank where you enter your US (or other * Alliance) FF number. When the reservation confirmation is e-mailed, it contains your FF number at the end of the e-mail.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give it a shot next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.