FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Mouse in the House - PHL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/423923-mouse-house-phl.html)

Paul G. Apr 20, 2005 10:36 am

Mouse in the House - PHL

This is just too funny to not post, irrelevant though it may be...

I'm at this moment sitting in the US Club in PHL, quietly dealing with business email when 5 minutes ago a woman starts screaming at the top of her lungs and jumps onto one of the leather chairs by the windows. She is on a phone call and in absolute hysterics. Turns out a mouse stuck it's head out from under the chair opposite from where she was sitting. She danced on that chair for a good 2 minutes until one of the US employees came over and told the woman she'd scared the critter away. I wonder how much US is paying that mouse to provide such delightful entertainment for the rest of us... :p

jimcfsus Apr 20, 2005 10:52 am

How much did the mouse have to pay to join the club??? ;)

djk7 Apr 20, 2005 12:56 pm

I was in one of the clubs years ago, I thought it was the big central one in PIT, but maybe it was PHL, the place was fairly empty, and spent about 20 minutes being "entertained" by a mouse making it's excursions around the area. I mentioned it to the desk people on the way out, and they were aware of mice in the club. I am also pretty sure there was a thread here about club mice long ago, but I can't seem to find it with search.

longing4piedmont Apr 20, 2005 1:44 pm

I was in the PHL club a month or so ago and saw at least four or five roaches.

A couple of them were quiet large. :D

Murph Apr 20, 2005 2:06 pm

OK, that was funny :)

But for all those not in the know, he means the human kind of roach. Its an inside joke.

TomBascom Apr 20, 2005 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I was in the PHL club a month or so ago and saw at least four or five roaches.

A couple of them were quiet large. :D

Hey! I resemble that remark...

longing4piedmont Apr 20, 2005 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by TomBascom

Not as much as a couple of the others. ;)

TomBascom Apr 20, 2005 2:31 pm

Depends on which dimension we're measuring ;)

jimcfsus Apr 20, 2005 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by TomBascom

I think I do too! :p

mileshound Apr 20, 2005 4:42 pm

About 2 yrs ago the PHL club had mouse glue pads behind many chairs...and I saw a mouse scoot right past one.

Second thought:
Maybe the mouse is there to announce a big expansion to MCO - the new Florida hub.

McFlyPHL Apr 20, 2005 6:01 pm

E+ seating..

*d'oh* wrong thread!

ua_to_ord Apr 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Rodents a plenty in...

...Concourse F in PHL!!

If you have a curiosity to see little rodents, there's no better place. I had to overnight - yes, the ENTIRE night - in that most dreadful of places a few weeks ago, and I emerged several rodent sightings the wiser :(

phlwookie Apr 20, 2005 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
...Concourse F in PHL!!

If you have a curiosity to see little rodents, there's no better place. I had to overnight - yes, the ENTIRE night - in that most dreadful of places a few weeks ago, and I emerged several rodent sightings the wiser :(

That's pretty bad, considering F is pretty new. I would expect they'd be around the A-East thru E terminals.

SWG Apr 21, 2005 7:53 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie
That's pretty bad, considering F is pretty new. I would expect they'd be around the A-East thru E terminals.

I have a fond memory of a trip through F about two years ago where there were flying ants everywhere as well.

haveric Apr 21, 2005 11:32 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie

I wonder if F might be worse because it's on ground level? Maybe I'm wrong -- not really an expert on rodents....

Ironic that the City of Phila recently lowered landing fees slightly, rather than using surplus funds on the upkeep of the airport. Lots and lots of torn seats, stained walls, and and other wear-and-tear items that really should be taken care of before lowering landing fees, IMHO.

US should try harder to get on PHL's case about these things.