Is Carole Blazer Real?

Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Is Carole Blazer Real?

I have a new conspiracy theory, and I think it makes sense.

Does anybody have any proof that Carole Blazer is a real person? Or is "she" just a ficticious supervisor and a department functions as her? Perhaps just a name they put on it to seem more customer friendly?

Many companies do things like this. Maybe US does. Anybody ever met her? Or is it always "Sorry, Carole is out of the office today."
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
I wrote to Carol and got back a note from someone else.

Thus, I would not doubt that Carol Blazer is fictitious. This is a common technique used for call-in centers, where they assign a "name" to something, and then anyone who makes contact with that name can be forwarded to whoever is available to deal with the issue.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 8:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

She's very, very real

Carole Blazer is the manager of the Dividend Miles Service Center. She has over 25 years - maybe over 30 - with the company, being a former "Piedmonster" as they called themselves. Carole worked for years with a good friend of mine who was an exec in the sales division, and he introduced her to me several years ago. Carole, like many in Winston-Salem, has survived many Presidents, CEO's, and management teams who seemingly tried their best to ruin the company. I have experienced first-hand her tremendous passion for the customer's overall satisfaction with the US Airways product.

Though I haven't personally spoken with Carole in about a year, I can only imagine that the decay of the company has been extremely tough. She manages all the DM CSR's, and has I'm sure taken her share of beatings from dedicated but fed-up customers; not to mention her staff. And, I'm also sure she's watched many friends from decades with the company be pushed out.

She is one of the best of that rare, dedicated breed of company employees. There is a group of them in Winston-Salem - and many on this board know exactly what I mean - that just aren't duplicated at any other airline.

If you are trying to reach her, I'm sure it's difficult.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by shinbal
Carole Blazer is the manager of the Dividend Miles Service Center. She has over 25 years - maybe over 30 - with the company, being a former "Piedmonster" as they called themselves.
Thanks for the answer.
Figured if anybody could answer, this board could.

A lot of companies use a general name for a department to put a more customer-friendly front on it. The pattern here looked very familiar, and I'm glad there really is a Ms. Blazer.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JAXPax
A lot of companies use a general name for a department to put a more customer-friendly front on it. The pattern here looked very familiar, and I'm glad there really is a Ms. Blazer.
I agree. I know an organization that claims to do anonymous surveys with the results being reported only in the aggregate. In reality, the return envelopes are address to a fake name, title and department that alerts the mailroom to forward said surveys to the very person from whom the respondent has been assured anonymity.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I agree. I know an organization that claims to do anonymous surveys with the results being reported only in the aggregate. In reality, the return envelopes are address to a fake name, title and department that alerts the mailroom to forward said surveys to the very person from whom the respondent has been assured anonymity.
That sounds like mail fraud which is a federal crime.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 7:53 pm

Does anyone know Carole's direct email? If she's really as good as you say she is, then I'd like to send her an encouraging note, if it will actually be read by her.

I emailed the Chairman's desk to ask for a challenge last year, and the phone rep told me to put her name in the subject of my email, but I never got her direct address.

In any case, I just thought it would be nice to send her our kudos.

Feel free to PM me if you think it'd be a bad idea to post her email in public view.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gardener
That sounds like mail fraud which is a federal crime.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:45 am

She is very real! I had her direct dial at one point. Don't ask me what I did with it. I got 2 of my co-workers comped and another a challenge.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 2:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Can someone tell me, what is the best FAX number to reach Carole Blazer?

Edited to add: I think I found it: (336) 661-8448. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Jun 27, 2005 at 3:02 pm
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:26 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum 1.5 Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 *
Interesting theory....

Real person or not, Carole Blazer has always done right by me over the years.

I've been able to get many friends & co-workers bumped up to the next tier, by getting "Carole" to look at their recent travel history. This has saved them from having to fly the entire calendar year in order to attain the next level. - Jetrider
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:11 pm

She's Real

I've actually seen her and I can assure you (as hard as it may be to believe that there are people like her are still around), she is very real.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lambdachi
I've actually seen her and I can assure you (as hard as it may be to believe that there are people like her are still around), she is very real.
This is a funny thread...she's real because I got a call from her today. I sent an email to the CP email address commending some of the recent improvements I've seen, although noting that I still couldn't login to the website. She called me to thank me for the kind words and also to help me get to the bottom of the website issue. She was seeing the same issue I saw ("temporarily unavailable" message) and said she was going to get to the bottom of it.

I am very impressed with what I've seen with the new US. I've consistently been notified when my UG's go through via email which is a fantastic improvement. The service on flights has been better, planes are generally clean, and now they are adding meals back to flights that needed them. The website is the only downer thus far, but getting a call from someone like Mrs. Blazer instills confidence that they are really trying their best to resolve this.

Despite all the negativity that I've seen ont his board, IMO things are looking up for US.

Sean
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: USAir CP, United, Continental, Marriott Gold, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt
Carole called me earlier this year, very apologetic for not responding to an email. She said she would deal with my issue that day and an hour later it was resolved!
Old Jun 22, 2006, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Carole called me back in April when I received my comp to Silver Preferred...she called and let me know that she was going to match my DL status instead of sending an email or just updating it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.