Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does US Air offer Fare difference vouchers or refunds?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Does US Air offer Fare difference vouchers or refunds?

Just curious, I booked my fare exactly 5 days ago and now its $40 cheaper, each direction for $80 total.

I know JetBlue does, AA as well.. if you ask for it.

Last edited by BobbyL262; Mar 29, 2005 at 2:40 pm
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

and the answer is yes.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Offered in the form of a voucher or refund to your credit card?

For a domestic or international flight?

Tell us more.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Voucher, have to purchase a ticket at the airport though.. which sucks. But hey, I got my $80 back, and the fact i bought 2 tickets; not telling my friend.. I got $160 total.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by BobbyL262
Voucher, have to purchase a ticket at the airport though.. which sucks. But hey, I got my $80 back, and the fact i bought 2 tickets; not telling my friend.. I got $160 total.
In the beginning of Feb. I bought a ticket for April and in the middle of March the price had come down. I called USAirways and they creditied my B of A credit card for the difference of $67.00

Bobi
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Wow. I would have much rathered that. I think you got lucky.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:57 am
dieuwer

About four weeks ago I booked a roundtrip fare on US for $731.29 (Class: Q & M). Today I found the fare had dropped to $699.62 (Class: V & M). Price difference: $31.67.
Can I get a voucher for this difference or can I request mileage credit as well? What phone number do I call?

Last edited by dieuwer; Jul 18, 2005 at 12:27 pm Reason: Added classes

Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:07 pm

Programs: US CP
Are you guys serious? I had no idea you could get the difference back (in ANY form) if the price went down after you had purchased a ticket.

Gosh, I've got a lot to learn.

Just did a quick FT search and it looks like you have to pay a change fee (on most airlines) to get the difference back, so if the change fee was larger than the savings it wouldn't be worth it.

So what IS the US Airways policy on this now?

Last edited by kennyboy3; Jul 18, 2005 at 12:19 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:50 pm

USAirways will issue a voucher for the fare difference if it drops. They have done this for me 3 times within the last year (even for amounts as low as $27), and they have always been happy to do it for me. If they are supposed to (per the rules) charge the change fee, then they seem to be consistently waiving it.

I purchased a nonrefundable ticket on US in March (for travel in Aug) and a month later the fare dropped by $50, Called the reissue desk, got reticketed, and issed a voucher in about 3 minutes. Then I got the new e-ticket receipt in the mail with no voucher, called back, and the lady laughed and said, "well you got lucky, they pushed the wrong button and credited it back to your CC". Thanks US!

FYI, I tried to get a voucher for a fare difference on Delta a month ago, and they would absolutely not do this (without charging the change fee of $50). Told them that US does it, and they ought to consider it. They told me they used to until late 2004, and claimed most majors don't do it.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Club Gold, Hilton,Marriott,Omni, National Emerald Club, US Airways DM, Continental OnePass
Vouchers

Guys,

Another experience with this,

My Aunt bought a ticket ALB-PBI last year and the fare droped 64.00 dollars and she called up US Air and they gave her back a voucher for the 64.00 dollars, I didnt know that US Air did this, So I booked my tickets to travel this summer ALB-RDU, and the a few days after the fare droped 15.00/pp so I called them up and they reissued the ticket and then sent me the vounchers along with new E-Ticket reciepts.

I have one question thought, I bought my ticket orginally on Usairways.com, and I signed up for that bonus 2500 miles for booking on the website, will that ticket reissue screw up my bonus? I dont think it will.

Guys please let me know
Thanks,
Ryan
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
This is good to know. Thanks for the tip.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum & D2, US SP, SPG Gold
This is one practice I don't understand

In light of the industry's continued financial problems, I don't think this practice of refunding fare differences is the smartest thing for the US and the others. I mean, when there is price drop at Target, Hertz, Hyatt or whatever other business, do they refund the difference to consumer?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by BobbyL262
Just a heads up, from experience- The vouchers will come separately for each passenger even if on the same PNR. According to the agent at the reissue desk, these can only be applied to travel by the individual whose name is on the voucher. I tried to combine vouchers issued to me and a family member, and the GSP ticket agents would not do it. Sometime later, on a slow Saturday at CAE, I got a nice agent that combined the 2 vouchers with different names without hesitation. So it can be done, but it may not be easy.

So, you may have to tell your friend about the refund, as your friend's voucher may not work for you.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:26 pm
dieuwer

Originally Posted by dieuwer
About four weeks ago I booked a roundtrip fare on US for $731.29 (Class: Q & M). Today I found the fare had dropped to $699.62 (Class: V & M). Price difference: $31.67.
Can I get a voucher for this difference or can I request mileage credit as well? What phone number do I call?
How about miles? Does anyone know the phonenumber of US to call?

Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer
How about miles? Does anyone know the phonenumber of US to call?
I'm not following your train of thought. If the fare drops $20, they give you a $20 voucher. Where do miles come into play?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.