DCA and the new 6 non-stops

Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: US1
DCA and the new 6 non-stops

I know when these cities first started they were doing poorly due to the lack of advertising. Simply no one knew about it. The cities I am referring to from DCA are: IAH, DFW, ORD, ATL, DTW and CLE.

AT DCA they did throw up some posters on the new non-stops (I am not sure if they did that at any of the other stations on the other side.

I think these cities can do well over time.

Anyone flown on one of these legs in the past few days or in the last week?

I am hoping they pick up (if they have not already).

When I last flew out of DCA going to BCN (where I am now). I talked to one of the GA's and she did say (at the time) the loads were slowly getting better.

T
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
I know when these cities first started they were doing poorly due to the lack of advertising. Simply no one knew about it. The cities I am referring to from DCA are: IAH, DFW, ORD, ATL, DTW and CLE.

AT DCA they did throw up some posters on the new non-stops (I am not sure if they did that at any of the other stations on the other side.

When I last flew out of DCA going to BCN (where I am now). I talked to one of the GA's and she did say (at the time) the loads were slowly getting better.

T
flew to ORD about 10 days ago and it's was about 3/4 full.
dca-dtw will be going all crj/erj starting this may. flights to be operated by mesa/psa.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:12 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I'll be flying nonstops DCA/CLE this weekend (Mom's 85th birthday!)--I'll report back on passenger loads Monday.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:25 am

T
I am glad US finally got a pair and started non-stop service to competitor hubs. I for one always choose non-stop flights and dislike greatly having to fly another airline when US has such a great amount of volume in DCA.

I hope US sticks with it as I think these routes will develop so long as they are timed for business travel times which would allow day trips between the two cities.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfeinberg
flew to ORD about 10 days ago and it's was about 3/4 full.
dca-dtw will be going all crj/erj starting this may. flights to be operated by mesa/psa.

Is DTW really going to be split between PSA and Mesa???

Thank for looking into that for me.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:52 am

I heard a few radio ads about the new nonstops before they started.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whlinder
I heard a few radio ads about the new nonstops before they started.
That is good to know ^ . I just hope the are advertising in places like ORD, CLE, DTW, ATL, DFW, IAH where most people would take eithe:r UA, CO, DL, ect, ect. I think people are slowly starting to catch on, just hope they don't pull the plug on these cities.

As for the E170 downgrade to a CRJ. I hope that is because they had to return some of the 11 boeings, they are running thin on aircraft and might use the E 170 for some other route.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:59 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Is DTW really going to be split between PSA and Mesa???

Thank for looking into that for me.
No No No No No... For the sake of those who have to go to DTW, please don't let Mesa run it. I've been on Mesa with UA 3 times the last 2 days... no No NO ... please don't do it.

There, I feel better. The TR as to why I made the above comments will be coming in the next few days.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
No No No No No... For the sake of those who have to go to DTW, please don't let Mesa run it. I've been on Mesa with UA 3 times the last 2 days... no No NO ... please don't do it.
I know what you mean.

If I have to fly to DTW and am given the choice of Northwest (mainline DC-9) or US Express operated by Mesa (RJ) I'm going to choose NW even though I have no status on the DL/NW/CO trio. Mesa's delays and lazy flight attendants make flying their RJs an even more miserable experience than an RJ flight usually is.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
That is good to know ^ . I just hope the are advertising in places like ORD, CLE, DTW, ATL, DFW, IAH where most people would take eithe:r UA, CO, DL, ect, ect. I think people are slowly starting to catch on, just hope they don't pull the plug on these cities.

As for the E170 downgrade to a CRJ. I hope that is because they had to return some of the 11 boeings, they are running thin on aircraft and might use the E 170 for some other route.
I haven't heard/seen anything advertised regarding the new nonstop here in IAH-the land of the 'evil empire'. If they're looking to poach some CO customers on this route, they need to get the word out better here in Houston
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:38 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Wow I didn't know US was putting new nonstops from DCA direct to competitors' hubs! (Although I think a MDW/LAS/PHX/HOU/DAL-DCA should be added just to tick off WN, not for any good purpose )
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Yes they are already in effect. They were launched Feb 6th. And they are pretty cheap right now and you can get DOUBLE MILES when you fly to or from DCA on these routes!! But you need to go to the website and register first.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:34 am

Flew DCA-DFW 2 weeks ago Sat morning dep about 8:30AM - load was about 80%.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:05 pm

My mother flew ROC-DCA-DFW I believe the 2nd or 3rd day DCA-DFW was available. Inbound flight was over an hour late. Delay at DCA. On return flight that was to connect through DCA the inbound DCA-DFW was late causing misconnect issues so my mother had to reroute DFW-PHL-ROC and arrive several hours later.

I hope they have worked the kinks out of that schedule by now. Didn't look very reliable.

I'm not thrilled with losing A321 and 737 into DFW though....
Old Mar 14, 2005, 3:49 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
DCA/CLE/DCA Loads at 80%+ this past weekend

Friday night was on a CRJ operated by PSA. The 4pm flight was cancelled, however, so my 6pm flight (which finally departed at 7:30!) was quite full. Limited beverage service and no pretzels; one FA.

Yesterday was my first ride on the E70 operated by MidAtlantic; comfortable seats, overhead space allowed two rollaboards and a large tote per two rows. No pen marks! Two FAs provided full beverage service and pretzels to all with time to spare before flight-in-range announcement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.