Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Airside Transfer Buses at DCA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by JAXPax
They are listed on the manifest like regular passengers. I've had flight attendants read their names off the manifest when taking drink orders.
"Water for you today, Mr. X? And water for you too Mr. Y?"
Old Aug 3, 2009, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
sorry to bump such an old thread but......

both goalie-sis and goalie-parents are transiting dca on august 8th with about an hour of "common time".

goalie-sis arrives on usx which looks like it will be the pier with gates 35-45 and goalie-parents are departing on ua via pier gates 23-34 and i'm wondering if the shuttle bus still runs as this way goalie-sis can scoot over to see them as if she leaves security, she won't be able to go back airside
Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA1K
two things. the shuttle should still be operating, as US flights also depart from the center pier (where UA is). the other is, even though you're departing UA, you should still be able to access the left pier where US express is.

what brings you to dc?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by haddon90
two things. the shuttle should still be operating, as US flights also depart from the center pier (where UA is). the other is, even though you're departing UA, you should still be able to access the left pier where US express is.

what brings you to dc?
thanks for the update ^. no, i'm not coming to dc but rather goalie-sis is coming home to dc from tpa and goalie-parents are on their way home from pbi (us pbi-dca and an award tix from me dca-ord-sfo) and if things work, there is an hour for them to see each other (and one thing i've noticed is that for the past 3 days, goalie-sis' flight number has arrived at the center pier so here's crossing my sticks that it works.)
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:57 pm

just wanted to say thank you very very much ^. goalie-mom scoped it out and left goalie-sis the instructions while she was inflight as to where the shuttle bus was located and it worked like a charm!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by goalie
just wanted to say thank you very very much ^. goalie-mom scoped it out and left goalie-sis the instructions while she was inflight as to where the shuttle bus was located and it worked like a charm!
glad everything worked out!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
for what its worth - I went through DCA a couple weeks ago and had to do the shuttle bus connect. I noticed that they have now changed to using real stairs to get up and down from the gates on each end, instead of using the skinny stairs at the ends of the jetways. I think that is an improvement . . ..
Old May 26, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I hate to bump this thread (again), but I've got about an hour connection from US Express to UA next week. Is there still a way to do an airside transfer?
Old May 26, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I hate to bump this thread (again), but I've got about an hour connection from US Express to UA next week. Is there still a way to do an airside transfer?
Yes. US still uses four gates in the same center pier as legacy UA and you can take the bus from gate 38 (see http://www.usairways.com/en-US/Resou...minal_full.jpg). Assuming you're on a USX flight with a number higher than 3500, you'll arrive into gate 35A (if lower, it can be any US gate).

There is a chance your UA flight will go out of one of the former Continental gates, such as 10A, which is often used for RJs to EWR. Someone else will have to chime in as to whether you can get over there from UA gates in the center pier, numbered in the high 20s, without reclearing security. I've never had reason to try it.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Im flying a legacy united plane, im assuming that it would go out of the legacy gates as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.