Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using HP Travel Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2001, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Using HP Travel Voucher

I have a $58.00 travel voucher from a previous trip that I had booked online. I was given the voucher when the price dropped and they matched the new price. I am looking to travel from either LAX/SNA/LGB to LAS and was wondering if there is someway I can book a ticket online to get the 3000 bonus miles (and internet special prices) and still use this voucher? I'm being told that I must book the ticket over the phone and then go into an America West location to present the voucher and pay the remainder on the spot. Anyway I can get around this to take advantage of the current online offers!?

Thanks all,

Flyin' Mike
Old Apr 19, 2001, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Some months back, I wrote Customer Relations regarding a problem I had with AmericaWest (there've been so many I can't remember the specifics). In the letter I stated that I use the website exclusively to book my travel and did not want a "We're sorry" travel voucher.

Of course, that's exactly what I received.

Just this week I emailed Customer Relations to ask the very same question you posted. Here is the response I received yesterday:

"At this time, vouchers and certificates including the Future Travel Awards, More Care Air Check Plus coupons and Transportation Vouchers cannot be redeemed on the web site or applied toward the purchase of online fares.

As stated in the "Terms and Conditions", the award must be redeemed in person at an America West Ticket Counter at the time of ticketing.

Pat Faino
Customer Relation
America West Airlines"

Seems to me there are several scams we allow AmericaWest to get away with.

Another is a Denied Boarding Compensation voucher for high dollars. In the case of a $500 voucher where the published fare is $198, no credit, reissue or refund of the voucher is made for the difference of over $300!

I'm wise to you, AmericaWest!

Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:45 am

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
I have always wondered why folks advertised America West credit vouchers with such high values, when would think that travelers could seldom pay a fare that would take advantage of the full value of the voucher. Yes, America West does seem to be running a scam with these credit vouchers...making them sound so inviting with their high dollar value, yet ultimately travelers lose a substantial part of their value due to no carryover being allowed if a lesser value ticket is purchased.

Ask AW why they can't do what United does, at time of issuance break up a high dollar offering into several smaller vouchers. Got $500 last year for giving up a business class seat from Tokyo to Bangkok, and received four $125 vouchers from United, each good towards a future ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:59 pm

So now that US Airways and America West have merged, the scam continues on US Airways. I got their Air Check Plus and was told I have to redeem it at the ticket counter at the airport. My voucher is good for $50, and it costs $60 roundtrip to travel to the airport. What a scammy deal. I've stopped traveling on US Airways; I hope their airline goes bankrupt for good.

Originally Posted by ColoBill1
I have always wondered why folks advertised America West credit vouchers with such high values, when would think that travelers could seldom pay a fare that would take advantage of the full value of the voucher. Yes, America West does seem to be running a scam with these credit vouchers...making them sound so inviting with their high dollar value, yet ultimately travelers lose a substantial part of their value due to no carryover being allowed if a lesser value ticket is purchased.

Ask AW why they can't do what United does, at time of issuance break up a high dollar offering into several smaller vouchers. Got $500 last year for giving up a business class seat from Tokyo to Bangkok, and received four $125 vouchers from United, each good towards a future ticket.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by pcjr
So now that US Airways and America West have merged, the scam continues on US Airways. I got their Air Check Plus and was told I have to redeem it at the ticket counter at the airport. My voucher is good for $50, and it costs $60 roundtrip to travel to the airport. What a scammy deal. I've stopped traveling on US Airways; I hope their airline goes bankrupt for good.
At any rate...welcome to FT and US...the whining forum was $50 back there somewhere...
Old Jun 25, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Can one get US Air miles on a ticket that was partially paid for with HP travel voucher? What about upgrades?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by asnovici
Can one get US Air miles on a ticket that was partially paid for with HP travel voucher? What about upgrades?
Yes and yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.