Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can you still transfer aeroplan to us airways 100:84 w/ points.com?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:24 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by Coolers
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Just make sure you read the rules and then read them again.
Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:39 pm

How come it says I don't permission to access that page?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Rinzler
How come it says I don't permission to access that page?
Coupon connection Terms of Service:

Coupon Connection access requires 180 days of FlyerTalk membership and 180 posts. Attempting to obtain access through post-padding or rapid-posting will result in the loss of Coupon Connection privileges, regardless of the content of such posts.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:27 am
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I am hoping this feature will start again after the merger is blocked...
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by KKR
I am hoping this feature will start again after the merger is blocked...
I have been trying weekly to transfer from AP to USAir my miles but USAir does not show up on the points.com transaction page.
It has been that way for over a month now.
Hopefully the "glitch" will be fixed as AP YQ scam charges are way too high compared to USAir YQ charges.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:41 am

Here is the canned response I received from the points.com online chat. Can't believe it's really a technical issue.

"We appreciate you wanting to make a transaction using Points.com, however, currently due to system updates the option to use US Airways is not available, and we do not have an exact date for when this will be fixed. We do apologize for the inconvenience while these updates are being made, and thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, I will add you to our notification list for when the option to use your US Airways miles will be available again. Please note, that if your US Airways miles are about to expire, please contact US Airways directly at 1-800-428-4322, to discuss options to maintain them."

Anyone else call bs?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 5:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by erasmus99
There is ....one way...for Canadians. But not to US Air.
Do tell more?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
My receipt for the Share miles transaction today had a big ad on it for get more Dividend Miles trough Points.com, it clicked through to a glossy ad page:

https://www.points.com/pdccontent/pa...USAirways.html

But when I logged in, still no trade/exchange option, but hopefully if they are distributing ads, it is coming.........fingers crossed, and of course lets see whether the rates are kept on hold!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:01 pm

Still nothing.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
I think someone at US Airways clicked on the wrong ad to select.

Anyway, the ad pushed me to ask US Airways about this instead of Points.com and the news is not good:

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We appreciate you interest in our partner Points.com and what they offer. The option to Exchange Miles through them has been disabled and at this time is on an indefinite hold.

Thank you for being a member of our Dividend Miles program. We look forward to assisting you with any future needs.

Sincerely,

I do wonder what prompted this, it cannot just be the favourable AP conversion as they could have cut that off or shut it down, and US still sell their miles dirt cheap multiple times per year. And AA are convertible so not clear how the merger would be an issue. I wonder if it has been used fraudulently somehow...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:26 am

well that sucks.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by markandrew
I think someone at US Airways clicked on the wrong ad to select.

Anyway, the ad pushed me to ask US Airways about this instead of Points.com and the news is not good:

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We appreciate you interest in our partner Points.com and what they offer. The option to Exchange Miles through them has been disabled and at this time is on an indefinite hold.

Thank you for being a member of our Dividend Miles program. We look forward to assisting you with any future needs.

Sincerely,

I do wonder what prompted this, it cannot just be the favourable AP conversion as they could have cut that off or shut it down, and US still sell their miles dirt cheap multiple times per year. And AA are convertible so not clear how the merger would be an issue. I wonder if it has been used fraudulently somehow...
So you have US advertising this ability at the same time as they appear to be surreptitiously closing it down, whatever happened to laws about misleading and deceptive conduct!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by burmans
So you have US advertising this ability at the same time as they appear to be surreptitiously closing it down, whatever happened to laws about misleading and deceptive conduct!
i don't think we can do anything about this one really...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:50 am

for those interested...it is back up..same ratio as before.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by sxc234
for those interested...it is back up..same ratio as before.
Really? No fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.