Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by taliesin
So I read through the thread and didn't see an answer to this question: If I bought, say, trial Platinum Preferred status for $600, by using this promotion could I keep that status through Feb 2014 by flying 11,250 miles (half the normal 22,500) in the next 90 days? In other words, do the double PQM count towards a Trial Preferred challenge?
Fairly sure that the challenge is based on BIS miles.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Originally Posted by swag
30 minutes after that last email, I get another one, with another reversal:

Dear Swag,

Thank you for your email.

Of your previous question, I have been updated that the person traveling
would receive double Preferred Miles.

If a person purchases a US Airways ticket for someone else using his/her
US Airways MasterCard and that person meets all the promotion details
including registration, booking and travel dates, then the companion
will receive double PQM?s.

Please accept our sincere apology for the misadvisement.

Sincerely,

Brian Brady
US Airways Dividend Miles
Brian answered me as well.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by Yoksel
I don't think it's as good as Grand Slam would be.

I also don't think the marketing folks did a good job because what they did is pissed off the corporate travelers. A lot of people fly on business for their companies and have no choice where to buy their tickets. I just hope United can match it with something better now.
and, finally, a promotion for those that don't always get to travel for free like corporate travelers.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
PHX MR to SJU

Originally Posted by hard2please
Have you looked at PHX-SJU at $318?
I haven't found $318 yet, but I have found $336. Going through PHL and coming back through CLT yields 6,900 R/T, plus 100% DEQM plus status bonus. I had previously looked at Hawaii airports, but the deals are not nearly as good. This seems like a no-brainer. Time to head to the Caribbean!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-S, HH-G, MR-P
been online for a few days and just seeing this.

...Oh brother!
I guess someone decided that there weren't enough Chairman's

So it goes...

Was just about to book some EU travel so glad I checked.
Was on target soon to a nominate a gold preferred through the special dividends program... Might get 2 now!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by chrisphx
I haven't found $318 yet, but I have found $336. Going through PHL and coming back through CLT yields 6,900 R/T, plus 100% DEQM plus status bonus. I had previously looked at Hawaii airports, but the deals are not nearly as good. This seems like a no-brainer. Time to head to the Caribbean!
I just saw $316- leave Oct.2, return Oct. 3. Seems no way to avoid an overnight there, since the flight arrives around 10pm...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
So for those of us considering Trial Preferred, it doesn't appear the bonus PQMs will count. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15492928-post10.html and other posts in that thread back that up. Looks like I won't be booking with US then, unless the fares come down a little bit more.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mrredskin
and, finally, a promotion for those that don't always get to travel for free like corporate travelers.
Originally Posted by Yoksel
I don't think it's as good as Grand Slam would be.

I also don't think the marketing folks did a good job because what they did is pissed off the corporate travelers. A lot of people fly on business for their companies and have no choice where to buy their tickets. I just hope United can match it with something better now.
I get the best of both worlds

I am one of those corporate travellers, but I have the benefit of being able to use my personal credit cards (one of which is my US MC) for all business expenses.

I think this is a great promo!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
So for those of us considering Trial Preferred, it doesn't appear the bonus PQMs will count. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15492928-post10.html and other posts in that thread back that up. Looks like I won't be booking with US then, unless the fares come down a little bit more.
Still, the bonus miles make the net price low enough that doing a few mileage runs to hit CP isn't so difficult. I'm doing one planned transatlantic flight, another transcon, and two cheap mileage run which should hopefully secure CP.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
I've very surprised that US is offering another Double PQM promo because when US did so in the past, US was having trouble financially (if I recall correctly). So this latest promo seems to be aggressive, rather than stemming from need or desperation. I believe the last the last DPQM promo was the "Jumpstart" promo that ended June 15, 2010.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:07 pm
Suspended

If I booked the ticket with a phone agent because I was using a certificate... does that mean I don't get the miles?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: US Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by tommyleo
I've very surprised that US is offering another Double PQM promo because when US did so in the past, US was having trouble financially (if I recall correctly). So this latest promo seems to be aggressive, rather than stemming from need or desperation. I believe the last the last DPQM promo was the "Jumpstart" promo that ended June 15, 2010.
I vaguely remember a Double PQM program for certain markets back in late 2010. I remember they had a big banner behind the SAN ticket counter regarding all flights to/from SAN qualifying for double PQM.

What was weird too is that I remembered registering for the promo weeks after ticketing a couple of flights through SAN, and even though the Terms and Conditions stated that you had to be registered prior to ticketing I still got the Double PQMs for those flights...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I was very excited to see this, as I was already going to be at 70k with 3 more trips to book: 2 transcons and trip to MIA. I'm glad I held off on booking them. I'll only need one small MR to hit CP.

I'm VERY excited for this promo. ^
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Ok, here's another question.

I originally booked a ticket as an award from my Sapphire card, so it's a revenue ticket.

However, I just made a change to the itinerary which had a penalty and also a fare difference, which was paid by my US card.

Since it looks like the ticket was exchanged, re-issued, and now showing my US Air MC for payment, will I get the double PQMs?

I'm hoping so.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Had to book a last minute ticket within the OLCI window (leaving tomorrow morning). I registered for the double mileage promotion today immediately after buying the ticket, and paid with my MC... I know I should have done it before, but considering I'm registered before I fly will I still get the double miles? (T's&C's don't specify)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.