Add FF number to existing reservation on website?

Subscribe
Is it possible to add a frequent flyer number to an existing reservation using the US website?

I have a trip on US booked via my company's travel site. The annoying thing is, I couldn't specify using a different (UA) frequent flyer account (the travel site will only apply a FF number belonging to the airline whose flight number is booked). Once I got my reservation confirmation, I went to usairways.com and was able to look it up. However, there didn't appear to be any way to add my UA number. Is this something I'll just have to do at the airport on day of, or is there a way I can do it earlier? Don't really feel like calling on the phone.
You should be able to do it on the website. Pull up your reservation and near the bottom of the reservation right above the list of passenger(s) there should be a link for "change passenger information". That will let you enter in any FF# for any partner airline.
Strange. I don't see that link on mine. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was booked through a company travel portal.
Quote: Strange. I don't see that link on mine. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was booked through a company travel portal.
I've never seen the link either. You can change it at check-in though.
Quote: Strange. I don't see that link on mine. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was booked through a company travel portal.
I pulled up my reservation through my DM account so maybe you have to go through that to be able to change information (i.e. already have a DM # associated with the reservation)?? I assumed you would be able to get to it by plugging in your confirmation # but apparently not. Strange.
Only US Numbers can be added
Quote: You should be able to do it on the website. Pull up your reservation and near the bottom of the reservation right above the list of passenger(s) there should be a link for "change passenger information". That will let you enter in any FF# for any partner airline.
You can't add anything but a US number prior to check in. Any partner can be added at check in. Or just call.
Quote: You can't add anything but a US number prior to check in. Any partner can be added at check in. Or just call.
If I go through the "change passenger information" link it gives me a pull down menu with every star alliance partner for the FF number field. My son has a non US number and I can go in and add that. I think the main problem is
getting that link to show up -all of my examples are with reservations that have my DM # in the FF field so maybe it lets me go in and change things.
Quote: You can't add anything but a US number prior to check in. Any partner can be added at check in. Or just call.
Not the case for me in the past. I've always been able to add my United FF# at booking or at any time before travel (including at the kiosk).
I'm having this same problem - no link appeared to add a FF# to the reservation - I called, got through in a few minutes and added my AA #, this reflected on the reservation immediately, however I was not able to select preferred seats - I stayed on the line and after supervisor assistance she was able to put me in preferred exit row seats