Wiki Posts
Search

Adding DM# on website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Adding DM# on website

I just booked a flight using Priceline on US Air (yes I said it) to get my 1% rebate. For some reason, my DM# never gets attached to the reservation.

I can look up the reservation on Usairways.com and it shows up fine, but I can't add my DM# anywhere.

Anyone know how to do this without calling?

Thanks.
Rich
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
You should have a link to Edit Passenger Information on that reservation page.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

I must be dumb, but I don't see it anywhere on the reservation page.

With reservations I make on the US website, there usually is a "change passenger information" link below where it says Passengers, but on this reservation, it isn't there.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Hmmm, must be the result of booking with PL. I guess you will have to do it by phone. But I think I have done this online (years ago) even after booking at a third party site.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I recently booked 2 flights on PL for the cash back. I have one of the old school alpha-numeric DM#'s and the first reservation it did not take my number so I had to call to have it added. On the second reservation I put four leading zeros on my DM# and it magically worked. I still had to manually go in on US' website to select the preferred seats but it at least saved me a phone call to get my number added.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I just booked a flight using Priceline on US Air (yes I said it) to get my 1% rebate. For some reason, my DM# never gets attached to the reservation.

I can look up the reservation on Usairways.com and it shows up fine, but I can't add my DM# anywhere.

Anyone know how to do this without calling?

Thanks.
Rich
I'm confused why calling is a no-no here? A call to the gold line should have this sorted out in maybe 2 minutes total time.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Hmmm, must be the result of booking with PL. I guess you will have to do it by phone. But I think I have done this online (years ago) even after booking at a third party site.
I think its a problem with Priceline in general. I've booked tickets on PMCO through PL and had issues adding my Onepass number. Had to do it at the airport a few times.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
If you don't want to call in, I have been able to add/change numbers by emailing the preferred email address too. Obviously isn't as fast as a phone call but you wouldn't have to actually call in and speak with any one.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
I'm confused why calling is a no-no here? A call to the gold line should have this sorted out in maybe 2 minutes total time.
It's not a no-no, just that it's easier if I could just use the website.

If you do something over the phone, there's more of a chance for error. The last time I called to change a flight, I checked online a couple of hours later and they had given me the wrong date so I had to call again. My "2 minutes" lead to about 30 minutes. Less errors happen when you don't have to call.

@skitch23 - Good idea about the four leading zeroes. I'll put that on my PL profile and see what happens next time.

Rich
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
I think its a problem with Priceline in general. I've booked tickets on PMCO through PL and had issues adding my Onepass number. Had to do it at the airport a few times.
I always thought Priceline tickets were not eligible for airline miles.

Link: http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-....html?id=16801
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by jarta

I always thought Priceline tickets were not eligible for airline miles.

Link: http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-....html?id=16801
That only applies to the name your own price tickets on PL or similar deep discount hidden airline tickets on Hotwire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.