Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US is adding Mr.Pibb Xtra

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
US is adding Mr.Pibb Xtra

Starting 8/1 Mr.Pibb Xtra will be added to the choices of complementary soda on all flights (this is an express communication that states mainline will have it but I have not gotten confirmation from a mainline person yet). Its not Dr.Pepper but its what we can get from Coke that is similar.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: free agent
Does it go well with vodka?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Does it go well with vodka?
It does if your out of Rum
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Best thread of the day...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Is Mr. Pibb extra better than regular Mr. Pibb as the name implies?

Go Gators
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by GNVGator

Go Gators
More caffeine IIRC, and I don't even think they make regular Mr. Pibb anymore.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Now if they'll just add Red Vines to the BOB candy selection...

The Lonely Island said it well: Mr. Pibb and Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
Now if they'll just add Red Vines to the BOB candy selection...

The Lonely Island said it well: Mr. Pibb and Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
They used to have my favorite twizzlers.... but like all the red candies just as soon as you add a little heat (ie overnight aircraft in PHX with no AC attached) they melt into a glob....
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:54 am

Here in Phoenix you normally can't get Mr. Pibb in bottles/cans. The Phoenix Coke bottler sells Dr Pepper instead. I occasionally see it in fountains at venues where Coke has an exclusive distribution deal. I wonder if the Phoenix bottler will make it up special for US, or if they'll ship it in from somewhere else for catering at PHX.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
East gets Pibb. West gets Pepper. You'll have to start watching your flight numbers to ensure soda options are catered appropriately.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Gold
How about adding a Mountain Dew equivalent like Mello Yello?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
It is complementary to vodka and complimentary on US.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanh
Here in Phoenix you normally can't get Mr. Pibb in bottles/cans. The Phoenix Coke bottler sells Dr Pepper instead. I occasionally see it in fountains at venues where Coke has an exclusive distribution deal. I wonder if the Phoenix bottler will make it up special for US, or if they'll ship it in from somewhere else for catering at PHX.
Ironically Coca Cola Bottling Company Consolidate which is hqed in CLT bottles Dr.Pepper also (along with the ROA facility) and Mr. Pibb is the secondary to it. I think the NE sees more manufacturing of Dr.P by Pepsi than the South and West. Also a interesting thing is that CCBCC manufactures the Dr.P but is generally distributed by Pepsi or RCC.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdvoigt
How about adding a Mountain Dew equivalent like Mello Yello?
I hope not....
Old Jun 8, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GNVGator
Coca-Cola began marketing the drink as PiBB Xtra - dropping the "Mr." - about a decade ago. This is a terrific pick-up for US, and for us (yes, it's better).

If/when the US-AA merger-acquisition goes through, will the new company keep Coca-Cola? IIRC, AA serves both Coke or Pepsi, depending on aircraft/route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.