US Airways lounge facilities in FRA?

Subscribe
I am booking an Envoy flight out of FRA ... what lounge access facilities are there for US Airways for this airport?

I believe the flight leaves from Concourse C in the main terminal. Anything close by in that area?

I am aware of only LH facilities in that area.
You can access the LH Business class lounges or Senators lounges but not the LH First Class lounge.

Based on my experience a few months ago, there are no LH lounges in the section of FRA that USAirways uses, so you have to go through security in another section to access the lounge in that section. The security people asked me why I was going through that security check since my gate was not in that section. Before I could answer one of them asked "Are you going to a lounge?" so they are familiar with the issue.

When you leave the lounge you then walk back to the section of the terminal USAirways uses and will go through security to access that gate, so leave plenty of time.

If you have enough time before your flight the LH tower lounge offers a unique view of the airport....otherwise there are other lounges closer to the USAirways gate...
Thanks for this info Burj. Since the big upgrade at Fraport I'd hoped they would have created a lounge accessible for US Air pax in the C concourse. I had thought the lounge near the LH gate that services the A380s would be open for that.

But I plan on being at the airport rather early (7am) and the flight does not board till after 8:30 so I may try a visit to the Tower Lounge.

Besides a great view, any other good amenities there to wile my time way?

Thanks again.
Quote: I had thought the lounge near the LH gate that services the A380s would be open for that.
It is - but it's in the "new C", whereas US leaves from the "old C". Unfortunately there is no airside connection between the two. Be aware that backtracking through all of 'new C' to the security check for 'old C' is lengthy, and there is only a one-way travelator going the other way.
Quote: You can access the LH Business class lounges or Senators lounges
A business class BP only gets you access to Lufthansa's "Business Lounge". Access to the Senator lounges requires Star Alliance Gold (which Heidelberg Barbie's profile doesn't show).

Quote: But I plan on being at the airport rather early (7am) and the flight does not board till after 8:30 so I may try a visit to the Tower Lounge.
As Burj and Bob'sYourUncle have indicated, allow plenty of time for the combination of security and lengthy walks between lounges and gates at FRA. Sometimes things go quickly but over the years I have experienced several extremely long waits at security there, especially in the run up to the morning departures for the USA.
Quote: It is - but it's in the "new C", whereas US leaves from the "old C". Unfortunately there is no airside connection between the two. Be aware that backtracking through all of 'new C' to the security check for 'old C' is lengthy, and there is only a one-way travelator going the other way.
"Old" and "New" C? Of this I was unawares. And I thought I knew FRAPort!

Guess I didn't wander around enough last time I was there.

Thanks for that update, Uncle Bob
Quote: Access to the Senator lounges requires Star Alliance Gold (which Heidelberg Barbie's profile doesn't show).
Correct, no status ... Just a ticket.
FRA is just a confusing airport! (And I'm saying that as a former airline employee!)

You may want to leave more than 1.5 hours if you are planning on visiting a lounge. The last time I connected through FRA, I walked for miles and went through security three times. Thankfully, the lounge was just a few steps away from the gate (where I had to go through security a FOURTH time).
I have been looking at the FRAport map and the Sen and Business lounges are within the vicinity of C concourse so that may be the best for my purposes. the Tower Lounge is way out at the end of A with more security checkpoints.

Will opt for comfort and time saving logic instead of curiosity and a good view.

Still trying to figure out what the "old" and "new" C is.
What about the Welcome Lounge?

US Airways Envoy ticket accepted there? It is also close to C.
Quote: I have been looking at the FRAport map and the Sen and Business lounges are within the vicinity of C concourse so that may be the best for my purposes. the Tower Lounge is way out at the end of A with more security checkpoints.

Will opt for comfort and time saving logic instead of curiosity and a good view.

Still trying to figure out what the "old" and "new" C is.
The old C gates are those marked C2-11 on the map. The new C gates are those marked C13-16. They look as if they are next to each other but in fact it's quite a long walk between the two departure areas because the lower C gates and upper C gates are in separate wings. There used to be a United RCC close to the lower C gates but it closed when United moved to A (now Z) Pier.

Actually the Tower Lounge is not as far as it seems on the map because you can ride the Skyline train from the middle of the Z Pier to the stop for B/C which is not very far from the lower C gates. Expect to have to go through security.
Quote: What about the Welcome Lounge?

US Airways Envoy ticket accepted there? It is also close to C.
The Welcome Lounge is an arrival lounge so you won't have access before departure.
Quote: the Sen and Business lounges are within the vicinity of C concourse so that may be the best for my purposes.
Bearing in mind, as noted above, that you'll only have access to the Business Lounge.

Quote:
What about the Welcome Lounge?
That's for arrivals only (it's outside security and is no more convenient than the ones you're allowed to access).
Quote: The old C gates are those marked C2-11 on the map. The new C gates are those marked C13-16. They look as if they are next to each other but in fact it's quite a long walk between the two departure areas because the lower C gates and upper C gates are in separate wings. There used to be a United RCC close to the lower C gates but it closed when United moved to A (now Z) Pier.

Actually the Tower Lounge is not as far as it seems on the map because you can ride the Skyline train from the middle of the Z Pier to the stop for B/C which is not very far from the lower C gates. Expect to have to go through security.
Upon closer inspection of the map and remembering the last time I was in C, in the security area, there was another area to the right.
And you are so right ... it is a very long walk through the "new" C ! Lots of people moving walk ways... one way.
Quote: A business class BP only gets you access to Lufthansa's "Business Lounge". Access to the Senator lounges requires Star Alliance Gold (which Heidelberg Barbie's profile doesn't show).
Oh crap...you are right! I had checked it on the Star Alliance lounge finder page last night but I must have messed because when I just rechecked it confirmed that business class tickets without status ONLY get you into the LH Business lounges....

Sorry for that mistake!

Quote: But I plan on being at the airport rather early (7am) and the flight does not board till after 8:30 so I may try a visit to the Tower Lounge.

Besides a great view, any other good amenities there to wile my time way?

Thanks again.
If you are only going to be there 1.5 hours early I wouldn't risk the tower lounge...it is a good distance from your gate, and requires a lot of walking to get there AND there can be lines to enter the lounge as the only access is via a relatively small elevators...besides the great view there isn't really anything there that makes it any different from other LH business lounges...

Also, to confirm what others have pointed out....it really is a bit of a walk from the LH lounge to the USAirways gate at FRA