Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
So I finally got my first US CC statement, and the website says that my miles have been deposited. I go to look and.....they're not there. They've been transferred to a random account that they made for me when I signed up for the CC, even though I obviously gave them my DM account number.

This is frustrating, because I want the miles, and I want the GS hit. I think that I should try to call Barclays to get them to change my account number to my actual account number, but should I call US first to have them merge these accounts? This is irritating!!
Barclays says in their T&C if you forget to put your number in one will be assigned to you and cannot be changed later, so good luck with that.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: SQ
I'm waiting until the weekend because I think this call is going to drain all of my minutes....I've got 50,000 miles that have been deposited into a random account, and I know I definitely put my DM number down there...I've got it memorized, there's no reason why I wouldn't do that. Of course, I have no proof, and they'll definitely say that I forgot to put it down...even if it's a computer problem or something..
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I'm waiting until the weekend because I think this call is going to drain all of my minutes....I've got 50,000 miles that have been deposited into a random account, and I know I definitely put my DM number down there.....
Don't waste your minutes and stomach lining trying to accomplish anything with the Barclays phone CRSs (all offshore). Send a secure message from your online account instead, which
  • won't waste your time as much
  • creates a written record in case you get a promise to fix it
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: SQ
SM seems to have worked - they're sending me a new card with the correct number, and will have the miles deposited in '1-2 billing cycles'. I'm not sure if they understood me, but this is enough to fight with CS on the phone if I need to....

Thanks for the advice
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:39 am

I used the check that came with my card. I only received 40K miles so far. I sent a secured message. I too hope that I'd get bonus miles for BT from the check.

Last edited by offtheglass; Oct 9, 2011 at 6:47 am
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Is there a difference between the Platinum and the Premier Club card? We just received one of each, fee was waived on both, 40,000 miles were credited the day we made our first purchases, and reading the other benefits of the cards I can't see a difference. What am I missing?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by offtheglass
I used the check that came with my card. I only received 40K miles so far. I sent a secured message. I too hope that I'd get bonus miles for BT from the check.
I'm in the same boat. I missed the part of the T&C that said that BT checks would not accrue miles. I also verbally confirmed the check was going to come across as a balance transfer which would earn miles and not a cash advance which would not. The CSR confirmed the prior.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by bj2757
Is there a difference between the Platinum and the Premier Club card? We just received one of each, fee was waived on both, 40,000 miles were credited the day we made our first purchases, and reading the other benefits of the cards I can't see a difference. What am I missing?
The Platinum card does not have First Class Check in and Zone 2 boarding. I haven't been able to confirm this, but from my research, it looks like the Platinum reports your credit limit to the credit bureaus while the Premier does not.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 4:44 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
First statement arrived...only spending miles posted note application bonus

First time with the BC US MC card. Typically with Citi - you get miles posted a couple of days after the statement cycle in which you hit the required spending level to get the initial application miles bonus.

In this case the first statement has arrived and I've receive miles for the transactions only. I haven't paid the bill yet (I saw some earlier references in this thread about payment). Does the initial enrollment bonus only hit after the first bill is PAID?

Thanks for clarifying.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by nyc6035
First time with the BC US MC card. Typically with Citi - you get miles posted a couple of days after the statement cycle in which you hit the required spending level to get the initial application miles bonus.

In this case the first statement has arrived and I've receive miles for the transactions only. I haven't paid the bill yet (I saw some earlier references in this thread about payment). Does the initial enrollment bonus only hit after the first bill is PAID?

Thanks for clarifying.
No it posts as soon as the first statement with any spending closes. It took about 2 days for my miles to hit my account from the day the statement closed.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Barclays says in their T&C if you forget to put your number in one will be assigned to you and cannot be changed later, so good luck with that.
Maybe this is the case on T&C but in my case, they have changed the DM # linked to my credit card. It can be done.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 8:05 pm

Charged Annual Fee

I got a statement with the annual fee. I called them and they insist that the offer I accepted was subject to the fee. Talked to someone who I think was in call center far away and was not capable of being reasoned with. Asked for a supervisor, and was told there weren't any! Any suggestions?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
I got a statement with the annual fee. I called them and they insist that the offer I accepted was subject to the fee. Talked to someone who I think was in call center far away and was not capable of being reasoned with. Asked for a supervisor, and was told there weren't any! Any suggestions?
You could call the executive office, but they are going to be equally unhelpful I think.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: US Airways
Just thought I would share my experience.. and thank the members here..

Applied in Sept 2011 and got the Premiere card...
After reading here.. applied for a second...
Called the credit line posted earlier after 2 days of waiting.. and was told.. we dont do 2nd cards... called in again and waited till I got a different person... after providing the SAME EXACT speech.. I got the 2nd card... same benefits..

You guys rock.. thanks much for the idea. Hopefully my experience helps someone else now.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Gold
Anybody have any experience showing the credit card itself to the GA to board with Zone 2? I'm using my UA MileagePlus# on my reservation b/c of the free bag allowance that comes with *Silver, so I doubt Zone 2 and other credit card related benefits are going to show up on my boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.