stop overs

Old Oct 27, 2003, 5:01 am
Original Poster

stop overs

I am using dividend miles to go from bwi to the west coast. I have tried to contact Usairways but was told there is a 45 minuite wait, so I thought I would go to the experts. I am flying from bwi to lax. I can go either ual or usairways, but want to know If I am allowed a stopover in Las Vegas on the way back, since it is kind of on the way. Would there be an additional charge to do this? If I can, would I have to contact dividend miles to do this? Or can I do it online? Thanks for the info
Old Oct 27, 2003, 5:05 am

Flying US metal, you can only stopover on a award ticket on a regularly scheduled part of the route. Meaning that if you are flying PHL-CLT-LAS, you can stop in CLT.

Because you are flying BWI-PHL-LAX, BWI-PIT-LAX or BWI-CLT-LAX (On US anyway), you can only stopover at PHL, PIT, or CLT.

However, if you are traveling on UA, maybe LAS is a part of a normally scheduled route. Do you have more info?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by miked:
want to know If I am allowed a stopover in Las Vegas on the way back, since it is kind of on the way</font>
Well, on US it is not on the way as you would have to go LAX-PIT-LAS or some other silly (and unallowable) routing. But maybe on UA if they fly LAS-LAX and it is part of a valid routing to/from LAX.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 5:38 am

Programs: US lowlife
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gardener:
But maybe on UA if they fly LAS-LAX and it is part of a valid routing to/from LAX.</font>
From what I see, LAX-LAS is a direct flight but it doesn't look like its a typical routing for flights like ORD/SFO/DEN.

Who knows, maybe you could luck out. Good luck!

-JC
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
According to a recent conversation with the CP desk, US does not allow stopovers on any domestic (incl Carribean) award. Stopovers are anything over 4 hours from scheduled arrival to scheduled departure.

They do sometimes make exceptions. I had an award trip planned to the Carribean. My return flight arrived in PHL too late to make the last flight to my home airport. They booked me on the earliest flight the next morning to get me home. Of course, I got the opportunity to pay for one night at a hotel in PHL. I think situations like this are called 'false overnights'.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 9:09 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
I think situations like this are called 'false overnights'.</font>
I believe it's "forced overnight".

LAS is very much on the allowable UA routing from LAX to BWI.... may require a double connection, but it works on revenue fares.

Another tact may be to request a BWI--LAS ticket with an LAX stopover, using the UA nonstop BWI-LAX.

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 10-29-2003).]
Old Oct 29, 2003, 10:02 am

If they don't allow the stopover, then just do an open jaw. LAX-LAS is only 39 on southwest for a one way.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: Platinum AAdvantage, Gold HiltonHHonors, SPG, USAir, Delta Skymiles, A+ Rewards
I know this is an awfully outdated thread but does anyone have an update on what are the current USAirways Dividend Miles stopover and open jaw rules for award tickets? Can you do any stopover and any open jaw? Is it only allowed domestically or internationally too and does it apply to the 25000 mile ticket level too? Any info you can provide on this would be appreciated!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.