Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The US B767-200 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
The US B767-200 [master thread]

reserving this space for major points about the aircraft, seatguru/airline links, etc.

Please feel free to add any input below and I'll copy/paste it here.

Seatguru--US Airways 767-200 (767)
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
I understand from seat guru that this aricraft features angle lie flats in envoy. how is the service and how do these seats compare to other angled lie flat products?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I've flown them once and I would avoid flying them again. They're fairly narrow. The cabin space just seems...open. For sleeping, there's really no feeling of isolation, if that makes any sense.

If you have other options, I'd take them. I really don't think in the markets that US flies them you're going to find a worse product. Assuming you're going to Europe, I'd take a route operating with a 332 w/the new Envoy, then connect on a *A partner.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
That's what I was afraid of; I was trying to put together an itinerary to Bombay and this was one of the easier ways to get to ZRH but if the seats are that bad, perhaps it's worth another routing... it seems that everytime I try to use my US miles, I can only find sub-par products in C and F, which is really disappointing!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:39 am

USAir PHL-Venice nonstop Choice seat?

I'm traveling on the USAirways nonstop between Philadelphia and Venice, Italy. It's a 767 with 2-3-2 configuration.

I prefer window seats and the only window seat available was two rows from the back of the plane in row 28 so I grabbed it. The only other option is to buy a "Choice" seat in row 10 for $30. I normally wouldn't consider that for a domestic flight but seeing how I'll be sitting there for 8-9 hours, I'm wondering if this might be worth it?

Trying to name advantages for paying the extra $30.....guessing row 10 receives beverage/food service before row 28 and naturally disembarks plane more quickly. I looked on seatguru.com and it looks as if row 10 is in the front section of regular class with a barrier separating these seats between envoy and the rest of regular seating. I guess this would give it an advantage as far as noise and watching the movie screen is concerned.

Hoping someone who has flown this route/aircraft can give their opinion. Thanks!

Last edited by Cadburysmom; Jul 22, 2011 at 10:42 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:53 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
My guess would be that you'd be happier in row 10, as it's likely in row 28 you will be bothered most of the flight by people waiting for the restroom. Is that worth an extra $30? Given that you also will get off sooner, I'd be inclined to spend it but others likely will say save the $30 for a few drinks when you get to Venice.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Either way, with your options of row 10 or 28, you're just ahead of a bathroom. But for an 8-9 hour flight, I'd probably prefer to be in an aisle seat and not stuck by the window (although I can appreciate the desire for the views on landing).

You should ask a moderator to move this to the US forum for additional thoughts.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:12 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is US-Air specific, please follow the thread on its move to that airline's dedicated forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Please keep in mind that Seatguru is getting to be woefully out of date.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
When are you traveling?

If this is still in the busy summer season (with probably a full plane), I may pay the $30 for a seat more forward...get off earlier.

If this is after Labor Day, I'd opt for the seat in the rear of the plane, gambling that the plane won't be full. When it isn't full, those in the back typically have first crack at moving around, and the chance of empty seats is greater.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Seat Guru says the row 12 exit row seats have little legroom -- does anyone have experience with this? What are the best coach seats? Fingers crossed for an u/g to SJU but just in case...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:13 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Crew rest seat on 767 - when is pilot using it?

I'm reserved in seat 3E on a 767 TA route (DUB-PHL) in a few days. The seat next to me is blocked (not even showing on the seat map), so I presume this is the crew rest seat. How often is the pilot actually in that seat?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
The pilots rotate through, and there'll likely be one pilot or another in there once you reach cruising altitude all the way till you begin descent. Maybe a few short gaps between pilots but it's full for far longer than it is empty.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I'm not sure if the DUB-PHL route is long enough in hours to warrant a relief crew. I'm guessing BoeingBoy can clarifiy...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: None
It's a scheduling thing. Flights that would require a third pilot a significant percentage of the time due to flight time (normally westbound due to prevailing winds aloft) are scheduled to have that complement even if the third pilot isn't required on a given day. I don't specifically know if the DUB-PHL flight falls into that category or not.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.