Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The US B767-200 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:00 pm

The 762s were delivered 1988-1993 to the old US and Piedmont.

US has orders for 8 more A330s and 22 A350s (2017 on the last ones). They may be willing to wait until those come on line.

Last edited by alanh; Jan 27, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: None
Us certainly has the deliveries coming to replace the 767's pretty quickly if they should decide to do so. Only 2 of the already delivered A332's and the 8 delivered this year would do it and still replace some 7374's or whatever. There's 2 or 3 airplanes worth of slack in the minimum fleet count that allows for not even replacing all the 767's (returning some outright) if they so chose, although as planned that slack disappears by the end of this year without letting any 767's go.

Jim
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
The acft they use

for the CLT-RIO flight is very old and very poorly maintained on the interior. I flew in C down in October and the IFE systems did not work at all. The interior appeared to be held together with duct tape. The painting on the interior was sloppy. They didn't get paint behind the toilet flish handles. very old acft entered into service in 1997 er the registry document hung on the wall by the front door. Had to stop in san juan for refuel. Don't get me started on the service.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:20 pm

How is the Envoy product down to GIG? I flew one of the 762s probably 15 years ago PIT-LGW and shortly thereafter SFO-PIT, but haven't been on them since.

Also, is row 1 better than row 3 in terms of legroom, or vice versa?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by oak522
How is the Envoy product down to GIG? I flew one of the 762s probably 15 years ago PIT-LGW and shortly thereafter SFO-PIT, but haven't been on them since.

Also, is row 1 better than row 3 in terms of legroom, or vice versa?
It's all horrible in the Federal SuperMAX prison called the US 762
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Envoy was not good going down.

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
It's all horrible in the Federal SuperMAX prison called the US 762
Sat on the bulkhead which seemed roomy enough. Forgot to mention they had to stop in San Juan to refuel due to weight. Crew seemed to know the San Juan folks pretty well like they saw each other regularly. Pretty unprofessional operation overall. Did not make one feel safe or respected as a customer.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Flying PHL - ZRH in a 762 in a couple of weeks, is one enovy seat better than others (row 2 vs. row 3, etc.)?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Exp, MM, UA
When the 762 was used for a transcon it made for an enjoyable trip. Last time I had the pleasure of the aircraft I was on a CLT-HNL in F. It was a a nice ride, but nothing compared to the A332 envoy suites.

If I am traveling in North America, I would have no problem booking it. Given the option between an A332 or A333 with the suites or a 762 no way I am booking the latter. I would wince if I saw my already booked CLT-CDG changed to a 762.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Switched from A332 to B762

I'm on the first flight of the season from PHL-BCN on March 24. It has been listed as an A332 since I booked up until the last day or two, and then it changed to a 767. I've read nothing good about these planes, particularly for long trips. The change messed up our seating arrangements, but I managed to stick my party of four in 5C, 5E, 6C and 6E (three of those are preferred seats and I'm lucky that three of us are preferred right now.) What is the likelihood that the middle seats (5D and 6D) will be filled if I've gotten the four aisle seats covered? Perhaps people will opt for the back of the plane if it's not a full flight? We just want some space to stretch!

I noticed that there are no personal screens , only overhead videos. Bummer. I imagine it will be a pretty dull flight to BCN. Any new updates or thoughts on this aircraft, or the likelihood it would switch back to the A332? Is the B762 really this awful?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by wfdude
I'm on the first flight of the season from PHL-BCN on March 24. It has been listed as an A332 since I booked up until the last day or two, and then it changed to a 767. I've read nothing good about these planes, particularly for long trips. The change messed up our seating arrangements, but I managed to stick my party of four in 5C, 5E, 6C and 6E (three of those are preferred seats and I'm lucky that three of us are preferred right now.) What is the likelihood that the middle seats (5D and 6D) will be filled if I've gotten the four aisle seats covered? Perhaps people will opt for the back of the plane if it's not a full flight? We just want some space to stretch!

I noticed that there are no personal screens , only overhead videos. Bummer. I imagine it will be a pretty dull flight to BCN. Any new updates or thoughts on this aircraft, or the likelihood it would switch back to the A332? Is the B762 really this awful?

I heard rumors the 767's are getting AVOD at some point, since the 358's are still five years away
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive

Switch-outs are disheartening and while I generally find Y in the A330-200s quite nice with a decent seat, I'm really not sure that there is anything to hope for in the 762s. Under the circumstances, you seem to have done by far the best you can. I am in a somewhat similar fix for a sooner TATL 762 and have been monitoring the middle seat next door. All I can say is what you would expect -- middle seats are filling in slowly if at all. What can happen, at the last minute, is that delays or cancellations in TATL flights elsewhere in the US or *A system can force folks into last minute re-routings, which is why cabins that look pleasantly vacant the day before on a seat map can turn into up-close-and-personal experiences come the day of the flight. BCN being more off the beaten track of the European route system (especially with demise of Spanair), this may be less a threat in your case.

Hang in there. I'm guessing the aircraft downgrade you already caught will prove to be the worst of it, and things will go okay from here !
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
... but I managed to stick my party of four in 5C, 5E, 6C and 6E (three of those are preferred seats and I'm lucky that three of us are preferred right now.) What is the likelihood that the middle seats (5D and 6D) will be filled if I've gotten the four aisle seats covered? Perhaps people will opt for the back of the plane if it's not a full flight? We just want some space to stretch!
Your best chances of booking the aisles and hoping for the middle to remain free is in the back of the cabin. I'd go to the back section and snag the aisles in the center section. There really isn't any good coach seat on that plane so being up front only gets you off the plane faster.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by geo1005
Your best chances of booking the aisles and hoping for the middle to remain free is in the back of the cabin. I'd go to the back section and snag the aisles in the center section. There really isn't any good coach seat on that plane so being up front only gets you off the plane faster.
IMO getting off that hellhole as fast as possible is as good a perk as any.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
IMO getting off that hellhole as fast as possible is as good a perk as any.
I'm laughing to keep from crying ....

Scheduled out next week TATL on a 762 ... too cheap to upgrade for a 20th century business class seat. A couple of weeks ago I was in F on a domestic 762. I kept getting up like some sort of slumming jerk to look back into Y to see if surely there weren't some seat -- bulkhead, perhaps ? -- that would offer some solace. Sure didn't look like it. Now I'm just keeping fingers crossed that no one takes the middle seat next to mine and, yes, sitting in the front (of the back) so that I can get the heck off when it's (finally) over.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
A couple of weeks ago I was in F on a domestic 762. I kept getting up like some sort of slumming jerk to look back into Y to see if surely there weren't some seat -- bulkhead, perhaps ? -- that would offer some solace. Sure didn't look like it.
Ha ha!!! I did the exact same on a 767 flight between CLT and PHL not too long ago. I was upgraded but walked all the way to the back of the plane to determine which coach seat would provide the least amount of pain for a TA flight. I think I determined it was the bulkhead seats at the every front of coach...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.