Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate pass to US Airways Club?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Gate pass to US Airways Club?

Is it possible to get a gate pass to go through security in order to get down to the US Club if I am not flying?

I know in the past it was possible to have meetings/interviews down there, but haven't heard about it lately.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Is it possible to get a gate pass to go through security in order to get down to the US Club if I am not flying?

I know in the past it was possible to have meetings/interviews down there, but haven't heard about it lately.
If you're on the attendee list for a meeting in one of the conference rooms, a gate pass can usually be arranged. (Otherwise, why would US advertise "meet at the airport" in all their club promotional material).
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by GNALUZU

Short answer is "yes." It helps if the Club receptionist has a manifest for the meeting which s/he can verify for the counter, but, as a practical matter, US is really good about issuing gate passes for people who present a good reason.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
Another option: Buy a refundable ticket, print the BP to get through security and use the club. When you are ready to leave, tell the lounge attendant you had to cancel your trip and they will refund you the money. Might be less hassle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.