A330-200 Routing

Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles Silver Preferred, Hilton Honors Gold VIP
A330-200 Routing

If I'm correct, there are currently 7 in the fleet. I can't determine the current routing for the 7th a/c. I just went through the entire trans-atlantic schedule on USAirways.com to no avail. Will someone please help? Thanks!

PHL-LHR
PHL-CDG
PHL-MUC
PHL-TLV
TLV-PHL
CLT-CDG
Old Jun 18, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: None
Possibly a spare.

Jim
Old Jun 18, 2010, 5:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.699 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Its running PHL-SJU until 10/2, where it switches to 333.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles Silver Preferred, Hilton Honors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by uva185
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.699 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Its running PHL-SJU until 10/2, where it switches to 333.
Thanks. However, I believe the PHL-SJU turn is done with the a/c that arrives PHL @ 530 from TLV. If that's the case, then there's still 1 a/c unaccounted for unless it's a spare.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ig744
If I'm correct, there are currently 7 in the fleet. I can't determine the current routing for the 7th a/c. I just went through the entire trans-atlantic schedule on USAirways.com to no avail. Will someone please help? Thanks!

PHL-LHR
PHL-CDG
PHL-MUC
PHL-TLV
TLV-PHL
CLT-CDG
Also, on the short-haul side, don't forget that these planes are flying PHL-CLT.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:32 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It would be bad planning to not have a spare with their A332 schedule. Having one off the schedule allows for minor maintenance rotations, as well. And, of course, if a swap is required then they should be able to cover it in most cases.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Would be nice to see a flagship aircraft flown out of the hometown airport! How about PHX-HNL or maybe PHX-LHR (not too sure if the A330 has the range for it)

Originally Posted by ig744

PHL-LHR
PHL-CDG
PHL-MUC
PHL-TLV
TLV-PHL
CLT-CDG
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Would be nice to see a flagship aircraft flown out of the hometown airport! How about PHX-HNL or maybe PHX-LHR (not too sure if the A330 has the range for it)
From what's been said in the crew news sessions, it's unlikely in the short term - just not enough O&D traffic and a tendency to have more leisure traffic.

If the US/DL slot swap deal goes through and US gets a NRT slot, that would likely be the first use of the A332's from PHX since they don't have the range to fly PHL-NRT.

Jim
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Interesting, but I would assume if US would place a A330 and announce it, people would fly it. I find it hard to believe that US could not fill a A330 out of PHX.

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
From what's been said in the crew news sessions, it's unlikely in the short term - just not enough O&D traffic and a tendency to have more leisure traffic.

If the US/DL slot swap deal goes through and US gets a NRT slot, that would likely be the first use of the A332's from PHX since they don't have the range to fly PHL-NRT.

Jim
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:26 am

They might well be able to fill it up, but at what fare level. Plus flights from PHL have a much bigger catchment area for connecting traffic than PHX - not many people would fly west to PHX just to go east to Europe/Middle East.

It wasn't mentioned at the crew news session, but another problem is distance. PHX to western Europe (even LHR) is too far for an A333 and 767 without weight restrictions. Throw in the summer temps and the performance penalty that results makes it worse. That leaves only the A332. Apparently they think they can get more revenue from the limited number of A332's flying them from the eastern hubs to Europe/Middle East. while still offering one connection flights from PHX.

Jim
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:04 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Interesting, but I would assume if US would place a A330 and announce it, people would fly it. I find it hard to believe that US could not fill a A330 out of PHX.
I don't find it hard to believe. For the reasons Boeing Boy mentions, as well as just looking at the performance of European nonstops from PHX by other airlines. The yields are probably not there. LH couldn't do it and pulled out in 2004, citing weak traffic. BA flies to LHR only 5 days per week. Are there any other nonstop TA routes from PHX?

It's far easier(and profitable) to connect people West of the Mississippi at CLT or PHL.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
Are there any other nonstop TA routes from PHX?
London is the only transatlantic flight from PHX.

All the other international traffic is either Canada, Mexico, Jamaica and Costa Rica.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.