Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Subscribe
Quote: My sister has called in twice to book LH tickets for July 2014. No luck. She's been told LH hasn't been loaded yet and that there is an IT glitch. All sorts of stuff. Has anyone else successfully booked tickets that far out?
I'm the one who got her into all this, and I'm not sure what to tell her.
If you check the thread, you'll note that LH tickets aren't available for redemption for next year's travel..
Quote: Just called - got the same reply. I am sure they can see everything - they got advised not to "sell" those seats.
Aha... Why are you believing that they can see 'everything' and were adviced to deny everything ??? What is your definiton of 'They' ??? Why that ???

Quote: My sister has called in twice to book LH tickets for July 2014. No luck. ...
I'm the one who got her into all this, and I'm not sure what to tell her.
Tell her the truth! Nothing more!
Quote: If you check the thread, you'll note that LH tickets aren't available for redemption for next year's travel..
Hi Drzoidberg - sorry, I'm the sister in question. Can you please tell me where it says that LH tickets aren't available for next year's travel? Do you know when they're going to be available?
Quote: Thanks again, I guess then that there arent any more seats on that flight, because the 3 seat is still not available. I also notice it is easter weekend so maybe it a full weekend...

I did this last year and was no problem. I assumed because of the merger issues Thai has tightened up....
I booked 4 in J last night on TG MEL-BKK-NRT return using the technique discussed. Put two on hold and then instantly another 2 available. It appears that has now exhausted the allocation for those flight as no more seats have appeared.

Sounds like I just missed the IT glitch last night so got lucky there! The way every agent panders out a different excuse goes to show how terrible US communication must be to their own employees. Unless they are lazy and just don't read it.

There is no way that overnight they decided no one is able to book *A partners from now on.
Quote: Anyone else having trouble with the KVS tool today? My award flight searches return FS? CS? YS? for every search. I guess I will try later.
Quote: Yes. Experienced the same just now. I get the same return FS? CS? YS? for every search.
As noted in the KVS Tool User Guide (http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Interpreting), this indicates that the *A StarNet datalink between the airlines was temporarily unavailable.

Should it happen again in the future, please try again later or use the [Awards/AC-StarAlliance] Method.

In any case, everything is back to normal now:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.4/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-SP1]
Code:
CHI  Chicago Metro IL US = ORD MDW RFD
LON  London Metro UK = LHR LGW STN LTN LCY QQS QQW ZLS ZEP XQE
TUE  01 Oct 2013 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
UA         958     ORD   16:00     LHR   05:55 +1  777  0   FS+  CS-  YS+
UA         928     ORD   18:30     LHR   08:35 +1  763  0   FS-  CS-  YS+
UA         938     ORD   21:10     LHR   11:15 +1  763  0   FS-  CS-  YS+
UA         3512    ORD   18:32     YOW   21:27     E70  0   FS/  CS+  YS-
 -> AC     888     YOW   22:30     LHR   10:15 +1  763  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
AC         518     ORD   13:20     YUL   16:20     E75  0   FS/  CS+  YS-
 -> AC     864     YUL   19:50     LHR   07:30 +1  333  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
AC         520     ORD   15:45     YUL   18:45     E75  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
 -> AC     864     YUL   19:50     LHR   07:30 +1  333  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
AC         504     ORD   11:00     YYZ   13:30     E75  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
 -> AC     856     YYZ   18:30     LHR   06:25 +1  77W  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
AC         506     ORD   13:15     YYZ   15:45     E75  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
 -> AC     856     YYZ   18:30     LHR   06:25 +1  77W  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
AC         506     ORD   13:15     YYZ   15:45     E75  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
 -> AC     848     YYZ   20:30     LHR   08:35 +1  763  0   FS/  CS-  YS+
AC         508     ORD   15:35     YYZ   18:05     E75  0   FS/  CS-  YS-
UA         3837    ORD   16:10     YYZ   18:44     ERJ  0   FS/  CS/  YS-
Quote: In any case, everything is back to normal now:

[/CODE]
Thanks for heads up. Call back US Airways now
Quote: If you check the thread, you'll note that LH tickets aren't available for redemption for next year's travel..
They were still last month. Back a few weeks ago booked LH intra-EU flight (just one) no problem, for May 2014.
Quote: Can always hang up and try again.
Maybe you should get a job as a US agent....someone who doesn't read! I've hung up too many times.

Anyhow, now they can see TG seats but no Lufthansa. Grrrr
They can now see availability other than LH, mainly.

The agent advised he could see MUC-MAN availability on days eitherside, but when queried with a supervisor he was advised not to touch it.
The agent advised he could see MUC-MAN availability on days eitherside, but when queried with a supervisor he was advised not to touch it.
duplicate
Just called for Biz in February '14. Agent found r/t LH inventory. Used ANA tool before calling to spoon feed.

A bit of hysteria here?
Quote: Maybe you should get a job as a US agent....someone who doesn't read!
That was a completely unnecessary response to someone giving helpful advice. HUACA remains the best way to deal with the US call centers, frustrating as it may be.

As mentioned in the *A Bookings thread, there was likely an IT issue with *A award space today. It seems to be resolved.

I just got off the phone with US to make a change to an existing booking, and was able to get a FRA-IAD segment on LH without issue. Try to get someone who doesn't ask a supervisor.
Quote: That was a completely unnecessary response to someone giving helpful advice. HUACA remains the best way to deal with the US call centers, frustrating as it may be.

As mentioned in the *A Bookings thread, there was likely an IT issue with *A award space today. It seems to be resolved.

I just got off the phone with US to make a change to an existing booking, and was able to get a FRA-IAD segment on LH without issue. Try to get someone who doesn't ask a supervisor.
I've already acknowledged that availability is haphazard. I've also outlined that I have called numerous times without joy, so someone telling me to hang up and try again is completely missing the mark.

If anyone can get Munich to Manchester on 27th April on anything other than SQ, then give me a shout on Cloud 9.

The only sense I got was out of the European call centre, naturally, but alas it's currently closed.
Quote: you say you checked seat guru... I would want to confirm via the asiana forum here in FT whether your flight has flat beds.
Here is the link to all info regarding OZ lay-flat seats.