The Walk of Shame... A F/C Confession

Old May 30, 2006, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member

Well indeed. I believe that might be the first person who ever was awarded a bachelors degree pre-conception. The MBA from Harvard to a one year old is not terribly surprising though.
Old May 30, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services

LOL, I saw this too and wondered... Why lie about your background? I personally could care less what his education or work background is.

Oh, and I'm a fellow Quaker - Penn Class of 1992. But then again, who cares... Some of the smartest, most succesful people I work with only graduated from high school. I may have gone to an Ivy Leauge University, but I know several people roughly my age that never went to college or dropped out that have far more success than me.

Just be yourself...
Old May 30, 2006, 9:49 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by asicguy
Oh, and I'm a fellow Quaker - Penn Class of 1992. But then again, who cares...
You're right--no one cares----- about Penn! LOL.

Djlawman
Cornell Big Red '78
Old May 30, 2006, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Djlawman
You're right--no one cares----- about Penn! LOL.

Djlawman
Cornell Big Red '78
Hey,

Your my neighbor. I'm in Mt Laurel. Stop the Penn jokes or else!!!
Old May 30, 2006, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I want to bring up a point about the baggage space some of you mentioned earlier. It is true that you can just wait until all the others have gone onboard, and subsequently give up overhead storage bin availability. I try to avoid checking bags at all cost due to the fact that at most airports, the wait for checked bags to arrive in the baggage claim is often 45 minutes to an hour (even at regional airports???????). If it were guaranteed to be 10-20 minutes or your money back, I'd probably check my bag and just carry on my book or magazine. But staring at a baggage carosel waiting for it to start when I know I could have just crammed my bag into an overhead bin just bugs the crap out of me. And I usually only have one bag, not the two or three that some people try to tote on. Come on people, get a grip. That huge rolling monstrosity that can hardly even be lifted off the ground does not belong above your seatmates head where it can come crashing down in a good bout of turbulence.
Old May 30, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., DL/AA/BA
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Well, I hope it is okay if I post in this forum. I dont want to upset people by my presence here. But I feel that it might be okay since I was a long time CP and I believe I am correcting a factual error in the OP and not in any way being critical of the astonishing, effective and loveable management team in Tempe.

The CP "Walk of Shame" is NOT sitting in first and watching others walk to coach. The CP "Walk of Shame" is when YOU as a CP are walking back to coach for whatever terrible reason.

In terms of what the OP incorrectly described, my favorite experience with that was on a LGA-DCA shuttle, sitting in first and watching Joe Biden walk back to coach.
I often sit in the back of the shuttle, espcially when I just make an earlier flight. With no XOXO's and comp beer in the back and oftentimes nobody sitting beside you in coach with FC full it is really not a bad deal, epecially when traveling to LGA where you can go out the back and inspect the paintjob on the heritage planes that seem to be flying the shuttle routes these days.
Old May 30, 2006, 12:30 pm

Ihatesat

Ok, so I'm bored, stuck on what has to be the worlds most boring conf call. Since I'm trying to do anything to stay awake, I did some research on our friend IHATESAT:

Please see the following posts for further details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546211

Claims he went to Penn in 1982 and Harvard MBA in 1986

Then...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...26#post5664926

See post number 58. The date is April 21, 2006 and he claims to be 16 years old roughly 3 years ago. That would make him 19 right now. So, if we are to believe he graduated Penn in 1982, he would have been approx negative 5 years old!

Yeah, I know I have way to much free time on my hands right now, but like I said, I am on the worlds most boring conf call!

Sorry IHATESAT, but these claims pretty much invalidate anything useful you've ever posted. There's no need to lie about your background. All of us share at least one thing in common, we all travel WAY to much on US Airways!
Old May 30, 2006, 12:50 pm

2 things I gotta say:

1) IHATESAT could be 2 people sharing an account, though silly it may be possible. But with the whole speculation about lies, and at least Im the annyoing-hated by most on US FT forum- but honest person here.

2) May we get back on topic. I see that people here on FT are sometimes a bit too nosy. Leave IHATESAT alone, you dont know his story, and it is incredibly rude for many of you too dig up stuff on other people, criticize or attack people.
About the topic, confession of a F/C pax. Im 16, so when I get upgraded to F, espcially on those ORD-PHL flights were all other pax or businessmen, I get very dirty looks from people in suits in ties. I try to avoid staring at people, but I always scan to see what kind of people are flying. Sometime I do hear: "Man, that should be my seat" saying and pointing at me. I realy hate that but smile to myself.
Old May 30, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I have been known to sit in my F seat and observe the MOTOS boarding the aircraft. Las Vegas is a great city to travel from

KGB ^ for your post above. LOL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.