Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

America West and US Airways Announce Changes to Expanded Frequent Flyer Programs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

America West and US Airways Announce Changes to Expanded Frequent Flyer Programs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by bosco
It sucks for me as I was planning on dropping from CP go GP this year, but now I'll be dropping two levels. But it does make sense to have a level between 50K and 100K.
The whole thing works well. People who fly the most get the most. 50k miles is really not that much, and if I were at 90 and didnt get ahead of someone who was 50 I would be upset. The plat level is good. It is fair.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:53 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
I'm pretty sure it's an airline-by-airline decision... the airline pays the alliance X for each *S and *G member, right?

Air Canada offers *G at 35k EQM. So obviously there's nothing particularly inviolate about tiers or mileage.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:41 am

Some info that may be helpful to some:

US Airways dollar-off vouchers can be used for travel on US Airways codeshare flights operated by America West. Typically, codeshare flights connect with flights operated by US Airways. Please inquire with US Airways Gold Preferred Reservations [GP number removed] if you are unsure whether a flight operated by America West is a US Airways codeshare flight. To purchase a ticket using the voucher, you must do so at a US Airways ticket counter or City Ticket Office.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeM6090
My two cents:

As a very frequent business traveler over the last 10 years, I have noticed differences between the east coast business traveler and the west cost traveler. Granted, I have down-graded my butt-in-seat miles the last 18 months, but speaking anecdotally here is what I noticed over the years.

The east coast business person expects upgrades and perks more than the west coast person. I have seen this time after time. The west coast mentality is more often than not, “get me to my destination.” Maybe it’s because the run times between west coast cities is shorter, maybe it is just their expectations in life all together different. I lived out west for many years. I have done the LAX-CLT-PIT-PHL. I have also done the PHX-LAX-SEA & SFO routes too many times. Perks were just not as important in general.

On the east coast, I see more elites hang at the gate to jump up at the first sign of the doors opening to get inline and then there is the loud complaining at the gate about not getting upgraded. And this is for flights from BWI-CLT or CLT-DCI.

My point is that if the new HP/US management thinks that the west coast perks will pacify east coast travelers they made a very serious mistake. The HP FF/Elite model is not going to be acceptable to many of the experienced US travelers. And they WILL switch carriers to get what they THINK they deserve.

Ok, maybe that is more than 2 cents worth. And yes, I know many of you will think I’m all wet. Guess we will have to wait and see…or not.
I disagree most of the people I know on the west coast are doing 250-300k miles a year. I Have some one next month that lives in Portland going to San Jaun every week for a month. They care about upgrades on those flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.