Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using $$ vouchers without going to airport?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 6:19 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Using $$ vouchers without going to airport?

How I long for the days of simply mailing my wonderful CTO my credit vouchers...having them filed there....and simply calling for a new reservation and having them applied at my whim----after my agent scoured the system for the lowest possible fare for me. <sigh>

Now that I'm back in 2005, is there any way to use credit vouchers without going to an airport ticket counter? I have about $250 in various vouchers that I'd like to use for a ticket.

Is the NYC CTO near Grand Central officially closed now? Is there any other way to use these without going to the airport?

Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
You can mail them to reservations. However, until they receive them and until ticketed, the fare is not guaranteed. Also, vouchers are basically "cash", so make sure to send them certified. Honestly, I'd just trek out to an ATO. That's what I did until I finally used all of mine up. I had accumulated quite a few.

NW uses ECVs, which makes everything SO much easier.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 6:41 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Previous poster is correct about mailing them in, but as is stated the fare is NOT guaranteed until received AND PROCESSED on their end. That's dicey. Otherwise, I am not aware of any way to utilize a voucher towards a res without having it manually processed in person at the ATO. This has always been an issue, particularly for those who were holding vouchers and lived in remote areas. Or, in a case like yours where living in a major metro area = major headache to have a voucher processed in person.

Best o luck.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
It seems now that you only have 24hrs to get to an ATO otherwise they cancel your reservation...I love how easy they make it to use your vouchers
-howie
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:06 am

Grand Central

Yes, this office is closed- found this out the hard way and had to make the trek to LGA (which, fortunately, is close to where I used to work). It closed in spring 2005. US has closed most of their CTOs.

Now I'm in Toronto and have to trek over to Pearson- a real pain in the butt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.