Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 16, 05, 1:07 pm   #1

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Success rate using DMUTA5 on PHL-AMS?

Hi, I'm flying DCA-PHL-AMS on November 10th, returning the 16th. I did buy a ticket that allows me to upgrade 7 days prior to each flight (246 DCA-PHL and 42 PHL-AMS, return is AMS-PHL 43 and 253 PHL-DCA). Just wondering if y'all have been successful at upgrading this flight, or if I should not get my hopes up.
The phone agent mentioned that there were still "A few seats open" and I didn't ask exactly how many. My fingers are tightly crossed!
liveon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 05, 2:11 am   #2
Original Member

>>> DMUTA5 <<<

Which one is this ?
JGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 05, 5:48 am   #3

Programs: US1
Since you are a CP you have a high chance of making it. There have been times where I did not think I was going to make it on my BCN segments and I cleared at the gate.
Old Sep 18, 05, 7:53 am   #4

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Thanks.

FYI DMUTA5's are the One-way TA upgrades that came with my CP pack this year. I got 4 of them (2 for me and 2 for a companion) but they are restricted to Y and B fare classes to upgrade anytime in advance, and M, H, and Q classes to upgrade 7 days prior. Y and B were pricing out WAY too high for my tastes, so I opted for an under $1k ticket.
liveon777 is offline   Reply With Quote