FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   Question about Family Dividend Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/473391-question-about-family-dividend-miles.html)

kinglobjaw Sep 16, 2005 11:57 am

Question about Family Dividend Miles

Hello all got a quick q. I fly w/ my Dad on US Airways alot. Being Silver Pref I always upgrade him and myself, so basically only One pref is needed in family!

Im 3000 miles away from Gold not sure if ill fly anymore by dec 31. but my dad is flying to aua soon so he will get like 5000 DM miles. He is qualified for silver for next year but far from gold. We both have the same last name me and my dad. the thing is my name is Mark and my dads is Marek.

Can I buy a ticket for him under my name and dm # so I can get gold (he agreed to this) were better of If im gold and hes silver than were both silver. so will the GA let him thru when hes checking in at ORD, will the people in Aruba allow him in to Aruba terriotry, will the aua ga's allow him on to us airways back to ord and lastly will immigration allow my Dad back into the US. Its only one letter diff and this only name not last name. and lastly were both polish so mark is marek and polish so we both go the same last name only mine in the pasport is english his is in the polish format. To add on to that our middle names are both the same with the S initial. SO if someone plz can give a tip ty

elron938 Sep 16, 2005 12:05 pm

Is fraud worth Gold Preferred status? :rolleyes:

jcooke Sep 16, 2005 12:26 pm

I second the nay. Its playing with fire, especially crossing borders.

-JC

mileshound Sep 16, 2005 1:54 pm

You have 3 1/2 months to get the 3000 miles. Not a hard milage run at all.

You and your dad will both sleep better on his trip to AUA.

jcooke Sep 16, 2005 2:03 pm

The problem is that kinglobjaw isn't going to be flying on this trip at all. He's trying to have his dad use his DM# to accrue the miles (and the status) for him.

Agreed, 3000 miles is darn easy considering the 1000 mile online booking bonus. Take a RT with a connection each way and you have 3000 preferred miles for your account.

-JC

kinglobjaw Sep 16, 2005 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by jcooke
The problem is that kinglobjaw isn't going to be flying on this trip at all. He's trying to have his dad use his DM# to accrue the miles (and the status) for him.

Agreed, 3000 miles is darn easy considering the 1000 mile online booking bonus. Take a RT with a connection each way and you have 3000 preferred miles for your account.

-JC

i know its not that much but again I wont be most likely flying and yes its worth the gold status. I kind im a full time student now! oh well thanks for the help. guess Il will have to fig out somethign in the end!

mileshound Sep 16, 2005 3:22 pm

I know he won't be flying but I'd worry about my dad having issues in a foreign country because he used a diferent name so I could benefit.

You say you are a full time student. You have Columbus Day, Veterens Day, Thankgiving and X-MAS holidays for a quick trip down the coast or to the middle of the country and west. It will only take 1 day to get 3K.

You can get some studying done on the flights. Lots of people here do that.

I'm sure you can find a way to devote 1 day to get gold status if it means that much to you. If you study, it isn't even a wasted day.

These boards are filled with students who do this all the time.