Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Star Alliance Elite should I choose?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Which Star Alliance Elite should I choose?

I am a frequent traveller with Platinum status on both CO (top tier) and AA (mid tier). I will be flying SQ in J to SIN (nonstop) and will bereturning from ICN to JFK in F. It occurs to me that these flights should yield almost enough miles to make me Silver Preferred on US or Premeir on UA.

I have a few questions.

# 1 - Does anyone know how many elite miles US air will award per mile for Singapore Air J class or for Asiana F class?

# 2 - Is there a minimum number of segments or miles that must be on US air or do star alliance partners count the same to make elite?

Does anyone have any thoughts on which star alliance program is better at the entry level for upgrades, etc?

How soon does HP and UA behave like 1 program and does that make things better or worse?

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:12 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Instead of posting the same thread on multiple boards, posting this thread on *A forum would have been enough.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Thanks for the help.

I am not spaming - but trying to get experience / opinions from people with different bias. As a CO Plat and AA plat I know a fair amount about how those airline treat partners - and am often viewing those forums - but don't view the alliance forums very often.

I do appreciate the help anyone give and am sorry if the extra bits on the server offended you.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 4:03 pm

depends on where you fly out of- if you lived in PHL, CLT, or PHX then US would be a no- brainer. Northern Jersey- probably United would be best. US has free upgrades for everyone and even as a silver you often clear for transcons- but if you don't want to schlep it to PHL stick with UA. Often international *A lower/ silver elite is useless- for example I am RG silver and all it gets me on US, UA, and AC is priority boarding (not even a mileage bonus, no chance of upgrades). On the other hand, if you can make it to * Gold on a international carrier (NOT US or UA) you get free lounge access, even for domestic travel. Search for Blonde Bomber's comparison chart- someone in the star forum will probably post this, it may even be a sticky.

Enjoy SQ, they have the best service by far of any airline!!! Someone else will probably mention you can double dip and get PPS credits is SQ Krisflyer as well as mileage in another * FFP, search the SQ board for more info...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.