Last-quarter Chairman's promotion?

Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
Last-quarter Chairman's promotion?

I've been a CP for four years. This year I'm going to come up short for re-qualifying (will probably only have about 80,000 miles).

I wrote to the Chairman's desk and they offered me a re-qualification for 18 segments/18,000 miles flown between September 13 and October 31. Not only is this a somewhat shorter time period than other promotions I've seen--but it won't help me at all, for I'm doing all my end-of-year travel in November and December! (including several cross-country and one trans-atlantic).

Anyone out there know of any OTHER promotions? Or have any other ideas?

If not, then I'm sure gonna miss the wonderful CP desk people!
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:11 am

Programs: US1
Woolf,

I think you wrote them too early and should have waited a little bit longer for a challenge. Even though this year there has not been that many promotions usually US throws out a few promotions toward the end of the year to help people like yourself to re-qualify.

This year should have been still pretty easy to re-qualify when they had that 20,000 anniversary promotion X2.

I am not sure if you can call the DMSC and ask them to cancel the re-qualification or not. Maybe they can and give you the re qualification promotion during your traveling period. It is worth a shot. Did you try to Fax Carol Blazer?

How many segments do you have or will you have? You might have to do some MR's this fall like I did last fall to cross over. Last year there were quite a few sale fares DIRT CHEAP that many people here on FT took advantage of so you might have to do one of those.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Unhappy

Originally Posted by woolfcross
I've been a CP for four years. This year I'm going to come up short for re-qualifying (will probably only have about 80,000 miles).

I wrote to the Chairman's desk and they offered me a re-qualification for 18 segments/18,000 miles flown between September 13 and October 31. Not only is this a somewhat shorter time period than other promotions I've seen--but it won't help me at all, for I'm doing all my end-of-year travel in November and December! (including several cross-country and one trans-atlantic).

Anyone out there know of any OTHER promotions? Or have any other ideas?

If not, then I'm sure gonna miss the wonderful CP desk people!

That's promo #6689 and was a targeted offer to US3s and US2s to encourage them to work toward Gold or Chairmans. The offers were included in their June statements, and they have since then and until October 31 to qualify for either level by meeting the same criteria you specify.

I called the preferred desk multiple times (agent roulette) asking if they would extend me the same challenge and each agent refused, saying "I'm sorry Mr. dirkman, but this is a targeted appeal and we can't register you." I'm frustrated, of course, because I travel almost exclusively on US Airways, even when doing so isn't as convenient or might cost me more, and I'm becoming more and more disenchanted that my loyaltly isn't being rewarded.

Even so, I'll probably make Chairmans on preferred miles alone sometime in November or early December. And if I don't, it's all the more motivation to start flying AA, DL or UA more than I already do.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

USAirwaysFan--

Thanks for the prompt--and very well-informed--reply! I DID try to contact Carol Blazer--but by email, not fax. And I got back a "form" reply from [email protected] with the offer I described.

Would you happen to know Carol Blazer's fax # (or, if reluctant to post it publicly, can you fax it to me by email?)

Not sure that I knew about the 20K times 2 promotion., There was a 20K promotion that I signed up for that had each flight accrue miles in ascending order--1st flight, 2,000 miles, next 3,000, next, 6,000--or some such--until one reached the 20.000 mile mark. Alas, TWO of the flights I booked during that period were cancelled, due to weather!! And after that, due to family illness, I was not able to travel.

Or are you referring to a DIFFERENT promotion that I didn't know about?

In answer to your questions: Segments hopeless. But I have 57,000 preferred miles as of now--with, as I mentioned in my post, several cross-country and one trans-atlantic coming up--though NOT during the challenge period.

I'm happy to do mileage runs!! Did one last year (a small one), just to make sure I'd re-qualify. But 20,000 miles in mileage runs does seem to be a bit much.

So--does the information I've provided give you any new ideas? (for clearly, you're an idea man!)

Yours with appreciation

Woolfy
Old Sep 13, 2005, 5:00 pm

Woof,

I actually do not have her fax number anymore but I do know many people on FT do know of it. Actually if you do a search and type in her name on FT the thread with her fax number may just pop up as her number has been put on here on FT several times.

I am sure another FTer on here would be happy to put it on here. It is not a private number by any means.

Explain to Carrol your situation. I am told she is a very nice and understanding lady.

T
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:05 pm

Carole Blazer
Fax: (336) 661-8448
Old Sep 14, 2005, 4:57 am

Programs: US Airways CP, Starwood Gold
This is my third year as a US1. Due to personal reasons my flying has been close to non-existent to this point this year.
Unless offered a CP challenge for the fourth or first quarter, I'm not even sure if I can make US2 next year.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BWIFlyer
Carole Blazer
Fax: (336) 661-8448
Thanks, BWI Flyer! You guys are a veritable FOUNT of information!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starboy340
This is my third year as a US1. Due to personal reasons my flying has been close to non-existent to this point this year.
Unless offered a CP challenge for the fourth or first quarter, I'm not even sure if I can make US2 next year.
Starboy--I hear you feelingly. How about we make a deal: I'll let you know about any last-quarter challenges I'm offered, if you let me know about any YOU receive!

With 57,000 miles, I've already re-qualified as gold. But despite several trans-continental and one trans-atlantic trip, coming up, it just doesn't add up (unless my math is faulty), to make the 100,000 mark this year. Like you, my diminished travel this year is due to personal family reasons.

If anyone else has a great idea, I (and I'm sure Starboy) would be very eager to hear them!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Same Boat Here

I normally qualify by segments, doing sometimes 6-8 segments a week. One of my 400 miles segments normally costs three times more than just a 2500 mile trip due to the areas I go into.

I am praying for a promotion or challenge before the end of the year. Right now with my set schedule until 2/06, I could miss CP by 8 segments which will totally drive me insane!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:12 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
As a hard-earned CP-lite, I can't believe all these people trying to help you dilute my status! :-D

(kidding!)
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:16 am

I just got off the phone with a CP agent who put me on hold to talk to a DMSC supervisor. She said normally they will start running promotions in the 4th quarter. She said later in Oct you will more than likely start to see promotions happening again. I assume due to traffic slowing down as we approach the winter months.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by starboy340
In the past you'd only drop from CP down to GP. Anyone find out for sure that this will not be the case? I know there's speculation but anything solid? If not, there's still hope for a soft landing. Good luck.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Cool

Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
I just got off the phone with a CP agent who put me on hold to talk to a DMSC supervisor. She said normally they will start running promotions in the 4th quarter. She said later in Oct you will more than likely start to see promotions happening again. I assume due to traffic slowing down as we approach the winter months.

Jog my memory... do we get until Dec 31 to requalify or February 28?

I should know this!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: US lowlife
12/31.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.