Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dividend Miles Accrual on SAS..Question?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Dividend Miles Accrual on SAS..Question?

Ok, so I have a J class ticket booked on SAS for next year. The US website states that flights on SAS in Biz Class get:

Business Class:
50% Class-of-Service bonus

Thats pretty straightforward but I wondered if you get any status bonuses from US. What has your experience been with SAS or any other Star Alliance partners??
Old Sep 13, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by MCI777
....I wondered if you get any status bonuses from US. What has your experience been with SAS or any other Star Alliance partners??
With *A partners, the status bonus applies only to ANA and United flights.

My favorite *A partner so far is SQ in Raffles ( I fly on my own dime, and First is way too much for me )
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:57 pm

Programs: US Airways; British Airways
Angry No SAS mileage

Originally Posted by MCI777
Ok, so I have a J class ticket booked on SAS for next year. The US website states that flights on SAS in Biz Class get:

Business Class:
50% Class-of-Service bonus

Thats pretty straightforward but I wondered if you get any status bonuses from US. What has your experience been with SAS or any other Star Alliance partners??

I did 4 legs on SAS this summer, and got credit for none of them. I was told they were M class and didn't qualify. I had a similar experience with BA a while ago on Iberia tickets. All the aadvertising is a bit disingenuous in my opinion.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier, US DM Silver, QF, AA
Originally Posted by par7tid
I did 4 legs on SAS this summer, and got credit for none of them. I was told they were M class and didn't qualify. I had a similar experience with BA a while ago on Iberia tickets. All the aadvertising is a bit disingenuous in my opinion.
I have had similar experience with SAS in the past. Be vary aware of what class your fair is booked in, as many classes on SAS will not accrue US Dividend Miles.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Would those same classes of service accrue miles with UA then? My flights are in T class, it doesn't say anything about T class not being eligible on the US web site, it does say that intra-Sweden travel is not eligible for 50% class of service bonus, but still seems to indicate that miles will be earned. Very confusing!

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Oct 21, 2005 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:31 pm

different star alliance airlines have different rules. Varig's internet fares don't get you anything on US airways, but they credit to Singapore's Kris Flyer as well as Varig Smiles- I missed out on US Silver because of this but at least I am Varig Silver.

This is true for oter alliances. Some British Airways economy fares getyou 25% in exec club and nothing in their one world partner American, but get 100% on Cathay Pacific Asia Miles!!!

Varig credited my Smiles account even with my US frequent flyer number on the boarding pass, I just mailed them the email from US that stated they wouldn't credit this fare....
Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by par7tid
M class as in the bucket would earn miles on SK as it is a mid-level bucket. However, SK (and LH) uses "M class" as short hand for economy class.

You actually would earn 25% on cheap buckets (W and below). Norwegian domestic and most of Swedish domestic does not earn miles for political reasons.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:48 pm

Programs: MR Plat HH Gold, DL Plat, UA 3P
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Would those same classes of service accrue miles with UA then? My flights are in T class, it doesn't say anything about T class not being eligible on the US web site, it does say that intra-Sweden travel is not eligible for 50% class of service bonus, but still seems to indicate that miles will be earned. Very confusing!
United has similar restrictions according to ticket class. I received United miles for a SAS trip and got full mileage for the outbound leg, and %25 for the return.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Are the fare classes/earning amounts for Dividend Miles accrual when flying a *A partner posted anywhere?
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Spiff
Are the fare classes/earning amounts for Dividend Miles accrual when flying a *A partner posted anywhere?
Agreed this would be very helpful.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:34 pm

There is a sticky at the top of the Star Alliance forum that tells you which fares are and aren't eligible for US dividend miles credit. Some guy in Canada updates it every year. He'd welcome any new info from anyone on this board.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
There is a sticky at the top of the Star Alliance forum that tells you which fares are and aren't eligible for US dividend miles credit. Some guy in Canada updates it every year. He'd welcome any new info from anyone on this board.
Hate to bother but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you mind posting a link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.