CLT layover

Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

CLT layover

I have a US connection at CLT coming up with a 1 hour layover. Does that leave me enough time to grab something to eat? Never been at CLT...
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Yes, the food court offers a few quick service food items (burger king, chinese). Avoid Chili's. They're service has become too slow IMO.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 7:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Definitely; shouldn't be a problem. There is a good food court right where all of the concourses come together (but surprisingly no Chick-fil-a) and restaurants all over the airport.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
The chinese place is one of my favorites their. I just love Sesame Chicken!
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Agree food court has great choices. The Chinese is great, but I encourage you to try something different, like the country BBQ place next to the chinese. Try the Beef Brisket. You'll keep comming to CLT just for the food.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Oh yeah...not to mention you have plenty of Cinna Buns to choose from.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: US CP
CLT. Yeah. My favorite airport. ^

You should have plenty of time. Like everyone said, there are lots of places to grab a bite, plus lots of moving walkways to help you get from one place to another faster.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
I'm also a big fan of the Jamba Juice smoothie place. It's off of the main atrium towards the D/E Concourse hallway, but if you only have a few mins it's pretty satisfying and fast.

Of course, I also like Pizza Hut.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2
The chinese place is one of my favorites their. I just love Sesame Chicken!

Not a big fan of the chinese place, but do love a good sesame chicken

BBQ is the best, IMO
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:26 pm

If you're a Chili's fan and don't want to wait, use the to-go service on the side of the resturant that faces the A concourse bookstore/Starbucks and take your goodies to an empty rocking chair near the piano. Enjoy the jazz concert provided occaisionaly by a few of the US Air baggage handlers who play for tips on their breaks. They're good and have CDs for sale also.

If you're into different wines there is a North Carolina Yadkin Valley regional wine shop with samples on the D/E concourse connector 2 doors down from the D security area. May be the next Napa, who knows?

Phillips Seafood on terminal C does a decent job of airport seafood (but no match for Legal Seafood at DCA).

Go here for details:
http://charmeck.org/NR/rdonlyres/eq3...ERMGUIDE05.pdf

Welcome to Charlotte!

Last edited by MarkF; Sep 8, 2005 at 7:09 pm
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:40 pm

Caution E terminal

If your connection is in E, be carefull about time its a good distance from A and B
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:26 am

Programs: Free Agent
There are a couple of places in E as well - there's a Fox Sports restaurant that is pretty quick - especially if you're connecting from E to E. There's also a pizza place and some other small restaurants scattered about.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
If you're headed down B concourse, there's also a CPK Express (limited service California Pizza Kitchen) - usually my favorite place to stop for lunch or dinner.
CLT is definitely my favorite airport to connect through (for ease, people, atmosphere, and yes, the food) and one of the reasons I've stayed loyal to US.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:41 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
It warms my heart to hear all the love for CLT, my home airport. Glad you guys and gals enjoy it! (That is, enjoy it as much as you can enjoy an airport...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.