Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Class Service LGA-DCA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
F Class Service LGA-DCA

Hi

Apologies from a European not used to US domestic travel, but in F on a 0800 flight LGA-DCA can I expect breakfast of any kind (....hot, even?)

Or is this just the wishful thinking of a stark-raving bonkers loonie out of his tiny little mind?

Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:22 pm

If you are flying Mon-Fri, you get a bagel and cream cheese (everyone gets this -- not just F). If Sat/Sun, you get the snack basket.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I let out a little chuckle when I first read the original post....then remembered it was a shuttle flight.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:40 pm

It's only a 25 minute flight, barely time to heat the ovens on board!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 7:11 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
If you're hungry, I'd recommend bringing something with you. Also, unlike most other US flights in F, they rarely offer you anything more than coffee, soft drinks or water on the shuttle flights before (I think) 10am.
I have been known to get a bloody mary on some of these flights, but usually it requires one FA asking another if it's OK.
It is a very short flight, though you do get to see a lot out the windows if the weatehr is clear, and I always find the approach into LGA interesting sightwise.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
It's only a 25 minute flight, barely time to heat the ovens on board!
I've only taken the shuttle, 50 times tops (I realize that this is less than many others here), but in my experience, it is typically more like 35min. Still its a very short flight. I think it is 214 miles.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I've only taken the shuttle, 50 times tops (I realize that this is less than many others here), but in my experience, it is typically more like 35min. Still its a very short flight. I think it is 214 miles.
I've never done the US or DL shuttle in 25 minutes and I've flown that route several hundred times (at the bare minimum) or over a thousand. 35 minutes is more likely (presuming no air traffic delays).
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've never done the US or DL shuttle in 25 minutes and I've flown that route several hundred times (at the bare minimum) or over a thousand. 35 minutes is more likely (presuming no air traffic delays).

I think GalleyWench, a flight attendant, has also flown this route numerous times as well.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: US Gold, BA Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz 1Gold
Food

For morning flights, as you walk on you get handed a package of sugared dough (doughnut) - its really bad

In the afternoon and evening, if you fly first, they come round with a basket of pretzel, patato chips, cashews, shortbread, and ginger snaps.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by liveon777
Also, unlike most other US flights in F, they rarely offer you anything more than coffee, soft drinks or water on the shuttle flights before (I think) 10am.

That is not the case from my experience. It is a fully catered drink service every time i have been on the shuttle. Everything that you would get on a transcon and more if you include food like the bagels plus the snack basket.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS

That is not the case from my experience. It is a fully catered drink service every time i have been on the shuttle. Everything that you would get on a transcon and more if you include food like the bagels plus the snack basket.

Hmmm... I'm on the 6AM Shuttle a couple of times a month (but not at all in August or so far this month) and I've never got anything other than sugared doughnut thingy up front. I have never had a problem ordering a screw driver that early tho.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 6:13 pm

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS

Even better - It's full service with complimentary beer and wine!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by dirkman
Hmmm... I'm on the 6AM Shuttle a couple of times a month (but not at all in August or so far this month) and I've never got anything other than sugared doughnut thingy up front. I have never had a problem ordering a screw driver that early tho.
Maybe I've just been unlucky a couple of times. More than once, the FA has severely hesitated when I asked for a Bloody or Screwdriver (certainly not because I look that young or am dressed sloppily. . I am almost always in a suit or close to it). And the 10am reference sticks out because that is exactly what I was told on one particular morning. Glad to hear this is not always the case!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Originally Posted by liveon777
Maybe I've just been unlucky a couple of times. More than once, the FA has severely hesitated when I asked for a Bloody or Screwdriver (certainly not because I look that young or am dressed sloppily. . I am almost always in a suit or close to it). And the 10am reference sticks out because that is exactly what I was told on one particular morning. Glad to hear this is not always the case!

It's probably because I look like I really need a drink most mornings at 6AM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.