Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 3, 05, 5:03 pm   #1
Ambassador: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Posts: 7,415
F Class Service LGA-DCA

Hi

Apologies from a European not used to US domestic travel, but in F on a 0800 flight LGA-DCA can I expect breakfast of any kind (....hot, even?)

Or is this just the wishful thinking of a stark-raving bonkers loonie out of his tiny little mind?

__________________
Latest trip report - London to New York Newark in British Airways First - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cumey_7sdho
BahrainLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 05, 5:22 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: DC; US Gold
Posts: 3,141
If you are flying Mon-Fri, you get a bagel and cream cheese (everyone gets this -- not just F). If Sat/Sun, you get the snack basket.
Alysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 05, 5:34 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: USA; UA-1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,724
I let out a little chuckle when I first read the original post....then remembered it was a shuttle flight.
shinbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 05, 7:40 pm   #4
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,399
It's only a 25 minute flight, barely time to heat the ovens on board!
GalleyWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 05, 8:11 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Posts: 1,217
If you're hungry, I'd recommend bringing something with you. Also, unlike most other US flights in F, they rarely offer you anything more than coffee, soft drinks or water on the shuttle flights before (I think) 10am.
I have been known to get a bloody mary on some of these flights, but usually it requires one FA asking another if it's OK.
It is a very short flight, though you do get to see a lot out the windows if the weatehr is clear, and I always find the approach into LGA interesting sightwise.
liveon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 05, 9:59 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
It's only a 25 minute flight, barely time to heat the ovens on board!
I've only taken the shuttle, 50 times tops (I realize that this is less than many others here), but in my experience, it is typically more like 35min. Still its a very short flight. I think it is 214 miles.
El Boocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 05, 1:53 am   #7
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Posts: 73,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I've only taken the shuttle, 50 times tops (I realize that this is less than many others here), but in my experience, it is typically more like 35min. Still its a very short flight. I think it is 214 miles.
I've never done the US or DL shuttle in 25 minutes and I've flown that route several hundred times (at the bare minimum) or over a thousand. 35 minutes is more likely (presuming no air traffic delays).
__________________
Like TSA, DL SkyMiles management treats airline customers as if they are the enemy or sheep to be fleeced and it shows.
GUWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 05, 1:58 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: DCA
Programs: US Chairman, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've never done the US or DL shuttle in 25 minutes and I've flown that route several hundred times (at the bare minimum) or over a thousand. 35 minutes is more likely (presuming no air traffic delays).

I think GalleyWench, a flight attendant, has also flown this route numerous times as well.
GotCalcio4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 05, 3:11 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, VA
Programs: US Gold, BA Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz 1Gold
Posts: 21
Food

For morning flights, as you walk on you get handed a package of sugared dough (doughnut) - its really bad

In the afternoon and evening, if you fly first, they come round with a basket of pretzel, patato chips, cashews, shortbread, and ginger snaps.
DC FLYERBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 05, 10:05 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Platinum (DL steals SWUs!)
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveon777
Also, unlike most other US flights in F, they rarely offer you anything more than coffee, soft drinks or water on the shuttle flights before (I think) 10am.


That is not the case from my experience. It is a fully catered drink service every time i have been on the shuttle. Everything that you would get on a transcon and more if you include food like the bagels plus the snack basket.
NeoOfTheCRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 05, 10:17 am   #11
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DCA
Programs: US1 - Chairman's Pref; UA Premier Exec; Starwood Gold Pref; Sofitel; AVIS First
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS


That is not the case from my experience. It is a fully catered drink service every time i have been on the shuttle. Everything that you would get on a transcon and more if you include food like the bagels plus the snack basket.

Hmmm... I'm on the 6AM Shuttle a couple of times a month (but not at all in August or so far this month) and I've never got anything other than sugared doughnut thingy up front. I have never had a problem ordering a screw driver that early tho.
dirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 05, 7:13 pm   #12
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 38,000 feet
Programs: UA GS, Pretty much everything else at lower levels
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS


That is not the case from my experience. It is a fully catered drink service every time i have been on the shuttle. Everything that you would get on a transcon and more if you include food like the bagels plus the snack basket.
Even better - It's full service with complimentary beer and wine!
osxanalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 05, 8:55 am   #13
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkman
Hmmm... I'm on the 6AM Shuttle a couple of times a month (but not at all in August or so far this month) and I've never got anything other than sugared doughnut thingy up front. I have never had a problem ordering a screw driver that early tho.
Maybe I've just been unlucky a couple of times. More than once, the FA has severely hesitated when I asked for a Bloody or Screwdriver (certainly not because I look that young or am dressed sloppily. . I am almost always in a suit or close to it). And the 10am reference sticks out because that is exactly what I was told on one particular morning. Glad to hear this is not always the case!
liveon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 05, 3:03 pm   #14
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DCA
Programs: US1 - Chairman's Pref; UA Premier Exec; Starwood Gold Pref; Sofitel; AVIS First
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveon777
Maybe I've just been unlucky a couple of times. More than once, the FA has severely hesitated when I asked for a Bloody or Screwdriver (certainly not because I look that young or am dressed sloppily. . I am almost always in a suit or close to it). And the 10am reference sticks out because that is exactly what I was told on one particular morning. Glad to hear this is not always the case!


It's probably because I look like I really need a drink most mornings at 6AM!
dirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:34 am.