Any "danger" in joining UA RCC?

Old Dec 6, 2005, 5:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Full reciprocity, of course, would require harmonization of pricing schemes. Otherwise, everyone would simply go for the less expensive, and ignore the ridiculous US "add-on" memberships.
For non-elites, the "ridiculous US 'add-on'" membership is $495, while a UA RCC membership is $500. That's pretty damn close to harmonization...
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:11 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
The "speculation" that I've read is that while the new US will remain in the Star Alliance, the codeshare/club agreements between US and UA will probably end. I have not heard or read anything other than speculation so this is anybody's guess I suppose.
I highly doubt the codeshare will end if US remains in Star.

UA, supposedly, can make the decision to bounce US out of Star (I'm told that the first airline in a particular country pretty much makes the rules for the second and subsequent airlines in that country). If UA is making any money at all off the codeshare, I don't see them letting US get all the "benefits" of Star without UA keeping the "benefits" of the codeshare.

That said, buy the RCC membership. If you have any status at all with UA it's a cheaper way of getting into the US club, as well as sticking it to the idiots at CCY who cooked up the current consumer unfriendly pricing structure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.