B of A Made a New Dividend Miles Account for Me

Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
B of A Made a New Dividend Miles Account for Me

They did that even though I provided them with the correct DM account # when I applied for the DM Visa Card. Called them, and called US. It's been over a week, and they still haven't moved the miles over to the correct account and closed the one that B of A created for me.

Anyone else experience something similar? Am I expecting too much to think that this should've been done by now? I could swear the US person said it would only take 24 hours to combine the accounts.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
They did that even though I provided them with the correct DM account # when I applied for the DM Visa Card. Called them, and called US. It's been over a week, and they still haven't moved the miles over to the correct account and closed the one that B of A created for me.

Anyone else experience something similar? Am I expecting too much to think that this should've been done by now? I could swear the US person said it would only take 24 hours to combine the accounts.
Yup. Exact same thing happened to me when I first got my Visa. According to the people I talked to on the DM line, BofA does this ALL the time and it's very frustrating for them.

You have to call BofA and tell them your real DM number. Then you have to call DM with both account numbers and tell them to merge the two.

It was fixed in about 3 days for me.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
Same - give it about a week, and you should be OK.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:09 pm
Original Member

I have been waiting for my miles to post and they have not even though we are in a new billing period. How do you find out what number has been assigned to your "new" DM account. I guess I need to start the process; what a pain.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjwx2man
I have been waiting for my miles to post and they have not even though we are in a new billing period. How do you find out what number has been assigned to your "new" DM account. I guess I need to start the process; what a pain.
They print the # on your bill.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 4:48 am
Original Member

Thanks for the answer. I do not get a paper bill and the DM number does not appear on the my on-line account statement. I guess I will make some calls.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the answer. I do not get a paper bill and the DM number does not appear on the my on-line account statement. I guess I will make some calls.
I don't get a paper bill either. It's on my online statement. THere's a column on the online statement called "USAirways Dividend Miles Summary." It's in there...or at least it is on mine.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 1:35 pm

Yeah, happened to me too.

Same thing. Took 1 month to realize it.. Then another 3-4 weeks for them to fix... Then another few weeks to get the miles for the card#/DM# that was wrong to get credited.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:31 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I don't get a paper bill either. It's on my online statement. THere's a column on the online statement called "USAirways Dividend Miles Summary." It's in there...or at least it is on mine.
If you receive online statements, how do you get the "goodies" like club passes, companion certs, and the others discounts and promos that come attached to the paper statements?

I'd love to switch to electronic statements (less paper, less hassle), but I don't want to miss out on anything.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markbach
If you receive online statements, how do you get the "goodies" like club passes, companion certs, and the others discounts and promos that come attached to the paper statements?

I'd love to switch to electronic statements (less paper, less hassle), but I don't want to miss out on anything.
Well, I haven't asked. But I am assuming that if they are sending something out via the statement, they will generate a paper statement for that mailing. Now that you mention it, I think I'll email and ask.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markbach

I emailed B of A, and there answer was that in the months that you are to receive club passes, companion certs, etc., you will receive a paper statement.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 5:37 am
Original Member

Good news to report. I called the DMSC yesterday and gave them the information about the two accounts. I talked to a very nice young lady who said that almost everyone that gets the BOA DM Visa is assigned a new account but did not know why it happens. She said the two accounts would be merged within 24 hours and I would be locked out of my account until the merge was complete. Sure enough; I checked this morning the two accounts have been merged and the task is complete. Nice job DMSC. ^
Old Jun 18, 2005, 5:46 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I emailed B of A, and there answer was that in the months that you are to receive club passes, companion certs, etc., you will receive a paper statement.
I was very leery when I switched to electronic but I can confirm that this happened for me.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 5:35 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Good news to report. I called the DMSC yesterday and gave them the information about the two accounts. I talked to a very nice young lady who said that almost everyone that gets the BOA DM Visa is assigned a new account but did not know why it happens. She said the two accounts would be merged within 24 hours and I would be locked out of my account until the merge was complete. Sure enough; I checked this morning the two accounts have been merged and the task is complete. Nice job DMSC. ^
BofA still has not fixed the problem. I didn't know why I wasn't getting any miles until a new DM card with a new number showed up in the mail today. The lady at DMSC didn't tell me my account would be locked out until the merge was done, so I was a little worried they had closed the wrong one. Glad to hear that this is not the case. She did tell me that I need to contact BofA to give them the correct number again (it was on the application for the card). Seeing as I now have to contact BofA, DMSC, have my DM account locked for at least a day, and had some of my miles hidden in the "new" account for the last two months, I'm going to ask BofA to send some extra miles my way or waive part of the annual fee to compensate for the inconvenience. Might actually catch their attention and let them know that after almost six months, they still have a problem with their system.

Last edited by jophilpo; Dec 2, 2005 at 5:37 pm
Old Dec 2, 2005, 5:50 pm

This has never happened to me, but I applied very early in 2004!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.