Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways $2 fare in Mileage Run forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by JAXPax
No, one person who booked through AA.com and then tried to change their ticket got a call.
Ah, I didn't realize the second (important) part. Thanks for the update.

I won't be calling *anyone* for a little while .
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
One more silver lining to the cloud...

Let's just say US actually shuts down. We all have electroni tickets for trips that other airlines would have to try to honor on a standby basis. Wouldn't THAT be GREAT!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
It seems these fares are totally valid. One person who tried to book via AA.com had issues.

My fare (booked on usairways.com) was booked fine, i got the e-ticket confirmation, and it displays flawlessly on virtuallythere.

Now lets just hope my e-upgrade request goes through. SFO - ART in 1st class for $31. Who ever knew this day would come?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
It seems these fares are totally valid. One person who tried to book via AA.com had issues.

My fare (booked on usairways.com) was booked fine, i got the e-ticket confirmation, and it displays flawlessly on virtuallythere.

Now lets just hope my e-upgrade request goes through. SFO - ART in 1st class for $31. Who ever knew this day would come?
I booked a few F8 fares to IAH. The first few it automatically selected F seats for me, and when I became brave enough to actually select my own, it gave me rows 1-3 to choose from...certainly looks like a valid fare!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
I picked up two of them for 5/12 and 5/15 (same day return) going ILM-CLT-PIT-ART-PIT-CLT-ILM. Now I wish I got more....just think 16 trips=100 segments=CP=$680!!! I can only think of the possibilites from the west coast. I know rbAA posted his trips from SFO which equaled 103,156 miles for only $499.60. If only I could go back in time....
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I picked up two of them for 5/12 and 5/15 (same day return) going ILM-CLT-PIT-ART-PIT-CLT-ILM. Now I wish I got more....just think 16 trips=100 segments=CP=$680!!! I can only think of the possibilites from the west coast. I know rbAA posted his trips from SFO which equaled 103,156 miles for only $499.60. If only I could go back in time....
People over on the MR forum have been able to go from zilch on UA to 1K for $701 with this fare. Here's to hoping our reservations don't get cancelled!

If I successfully make this trip, US will gain a lot of favor in my eyes by holding up its side of the bargain. They'd make more money from me in the long run by letting me get to ART and back than they would be cancelling.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
People over on the MR forum have been able to go from zilch on UA to 1K for $701 with this fare. Here's to hoping our reservations don't get cancelled!

If I successfully make this trip, US will gain a lot of favor in my eyes by holding up its side of the bargain. They'd make more money from me in the long run by letting me get to ART and back than they would be cancelling.
Yes, they'd be completely stupid not to honor this fare and offer even lower fares to win people over.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

I just checked - trips from the west coast to ART and LEB are still available for $2 base fare.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by olde hornet
I just checked - trips from the west coast to ART and LEB are still available for $2 base fare.
I must have snoozed on this too long. Stupid me for not reading FlyerTalk earlier today!!

I can't find anything from ERI to anywhere. ERI-LEB shows the $2 fare, but there aren't any dates with availability.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 8:56 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
US is on to the game

According to some posters on usaviation, and confirmed when I ran out to AVL to make some changes to the one (yes one!) trip that I booked at $2, US had pulled the inventory out of all the markets they could find--the fares are still there, but without any availabile inventory. Expect to see the fare basis dissapear sometime tonight.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
How often do Beechcraft 1900D stations get hoards of mileage runners from FT? I guess they'll soon learn what a MR is ...

I have some relatives up in the ART area, and I guarantee most of the locals will have never have seen people even contemplate a MR.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
People over on the MR forum have been able to go from zilch on UA to 1K for $701 with this fare.
I booked six (6) trips totalling just over 40K EQM for $252 (an average of 6,700 EQM @ $42/each), and a couple of them wereren't even optimized due to time constraints. At that rate, that would put the cost of 1K in the low $600's, and if you really hammered it, it probably could have been done using the F fares out of odd markets for a bit under $500.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:53 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
I got in on a couple three of these. Grabbed enough to make SP with mile I had already from FCO trip this year
Coach only for these(OUCH)
How the heck do you choose seats on USAIR.com?
thanks
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by windwalker
How the heck do you choose seats on USAIR.com?
Click where it says "Choose Seats"
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:19 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
I went to "Exisiting Reservations" to choose/change my seats on 4 bookings (RIC-LAS and RIC-MCO, both via ART) and it is missing because the home page for usair.com is giving an odd promo page.

I looked at the "site map" and "Exisiting Reservations" is missing! How bizarre is this!? (BTW, a site search turned up that weird promo page again and, yes, I did try different browsers.)

Hope this is not a bad sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.