Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Stations With Shared Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
US Airways Stations With Shared Lounges

There was a thread a while back which mentioned the new terminal in Harrisburg, and how it has a shared lounge for use by elites on all airlines. The search function is still down, so I cannot find the thread. I'm at SAV now, and they have a "Passport Club" which has similar access priveleges. (Or at least I assume, since there is no attendant there today, and they just have a sign-in sheet - honor system, I guess.) This is a really great perk for club members or elites who fly to/from small stations in which no single airline can support its own lounge. It's a very basic lounge with a few couches, tables, and workstations, and there is a window to order food & libations from the restaurant next door. I'm curious if anybody else knows of airports with similar lounges.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
MDT has the Susquehanna Club which is a lounge for elites from all airlines serving MDT (US, UA, AA, DL, CO, NW, AC). There's not much to the club...some comfy chairs, a big screen TV, restrooms, work stations, wireless internet, but its not bad and a nice touch for the new terminal (which I HIGHLY recommend over flying to PHL or BWI if you have business in Harrisburg / Lancaster / York / Reading) ^

I also know US has arrangements with some clubs in Europe for Envoy Class pax. I used the club at CDG. Nice but kinda out of the way.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
PHF (Newport News/Williamsburg) has an airport-run club open to elites from any airline; it's called the "Patrick Henry Club" or something similar.

As for SAV, I've never seen an attendant at the Passport Club, so it seems to be completely on the honor system. My mother lives near SAV so I travel there every so often; it's one of my favorite small airports.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:02 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
MHT used to have the "Granite Club" which had some phones, work cubicles and coffee. According to TomBascom, they closed it shortly after 9/11. It was a nice touch in a small airport like MHT. I wish they would do something like this at CRW or ROA.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 5:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
MHT used to have the "Granite Club" which had some phones, work cubicles and coffee. According to TomBascom, they closed it shortly after 9/11. It was a nice touch in a small airport like MHT. I wish they would do something like this at CRW or ROA.
Granite was open on 31 Jan 05 - hours are 6 to 7.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is it still on the wrong side of security?
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, yes....looked for it during a GoFares run and didn't see it anywhere on the airside of the airport.

They did a nice job with the new addition at MHT.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There is a shared club at SDF (altho I've been there a dozen times I don't even remember the name that they have for it) on the mezz level with a nice view of the airstrips, internet access, and a cash bar. The charge for this was $159 per year on the day that they opened and I'm not sure how many guests are permitted on one membership (I always bring one). It is quite pleasant and bright and altho no documents or cards have ever been issued, the attendants have gotten to know most of the members. The bartender simply sets up our "usuals" as we walk in the door.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 1:39 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
PHF (Newport News/Williamsburg) has an airport-run club open to elites from any airline; it's called the "Patrick Henry Club" or something similar.

As for SAV, I've never seen an attendant at the Passport Club, so it seems to be completely on the honor system. My mother lives near SAV so I travel there every so often; it's one of my favorite small airports.
Actually, the PHF club is called the "Gateway Club".

John
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
As I exited the Passport Club, I noticed the sign on the door that it is for Club members of US, UA, DL, CO, and I think NW, as well. There was an attendant at the club when we arrived on Thursday afternoon, and poked our head in. Perhaps they only have an attendant during the week.

Also forgot to add: They have ethernet jacks in the worstations. A nice touch, but you have to bring your own ethernet cable. Fortunately I never leave home without mine.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

AVP's new terminal to have an elite lounge

Good news for me, and anybody else who flies to/from AVP: My parents said there was an editorial in the local newspaper the other day about the new terminal being built at AVP, and it referenced an "elite lounge." ^ ^ ^ I don't know any other details, but I will post again when I have more information.

AVP is currently serviced by US, UA, CO, NW, DL (all express) ...and Hooters Air!
Old Dec 5, 2005, 3:28 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
It would be very nice if US included these airport-operated elite lounges on a page attached to the official US Airways Club list. I had NO idea anything like this existed before I saw this thread!
Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus

Theres Just no room... Im around CRW alot with my job and theres just no space for anything like that.. The pax numbers are really outgrowing the terminal. I couldnt imagine smaller departure lounges or hallways anywhere.

Unlessss they built it ontop of concourse C or the new concourse ounder construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.