Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reporting: Loads in Envoy / Upgrade clearing reports

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by liveon777
I am 7 days from PHL-AMS, but still NO luck. Called CP dest at midnight, was told they actually had to wait til 1am Eastern to try. Called back at 2am Eastern, told there were 10 seats available, but I could not upgrade to them, because they were being held.
1am may be the first possible time to get upgraded at the 7 day window. However, if I ever call with the hope of them contacting yield management to free up a seat (usually at the 3 day window), I always call at 8am eastern time. I do not believe YM works 24hrs.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
1. PHL/MUC Dec 8th,2005
2. CP (both of us)
3. W
4. 1 hour before flight
5. DS0087
6. Envoy full
7. No problems on the way out.

The return however .....
1. MUC/PHL, Dec. 12, 2005
2. CP (both of us)
3. W
4. My wife cleared at the last possible second. I didn't make it.
5. DS0087
6. Full
7. My wife said the FA's were horrible, rude and a few other comments. She got yelled at by the FA's for bringing me back some cheese and dessert. I was in row 6 and she was not allowed to go back to visit me for the last 3 hours of the flight. I had no idea that this was going on until one of the FA's came back and said that they were not allowed to give me Envoy service. We talked to some other people in Envoy and they all said the FA's were terrible. A few people who were in Envoy came up to us while we were waiting for the parking van and asked my wife if she was okay after the way she was treated. She was quite upset by the ordeal.

Last edited by puchalskir; Dec 13, 2005 at 2:11 pm
Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Ds0087

What is the DS0087 I keep seeing in this thread? I'm gold, heading to Poland for a wedding next year and following this thread to figure out what my chances are for free upgrades or if I should use miles but I keep seeing the DS0087 certificate and some other options listed...

What are my options as a gold for upgrades to envoy? And do they roll over to LOT and Luft as well?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 5:37 pm

What is a Transatlantic Space Available Coupon? Is this the same that CP get? I thought only CP got TransA coupons?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by USChairman
What is a Transatlantic Space Available Coupon? Is this the same that CP get? I thought only CP got TransA coupons?
Nope its a DS00087. They are given to corporate travel agents with big contract but no new one's will be issued and the last one's issued expire at the end of the month. Blame Parker
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:11 pm

Anyone traveling TA from next week until end of the year?

Have a few questions...PM me if ya could.

Cheers,

Mike
Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
Nope its a DS00087. They are given to corporate travel agents with big contract but no new one's will be issued and the last one's issued expire at the end of the month. Blame Parker
Blame Parker for what? For freeing up more Envoy seats for the likes of us who do not have corporate connections and have sometimes had trouble using our DMUTA5s? We'll have plenty of real stuff to blame Parker for soon enough.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:35 am

Programs: US lowlife
1. PHL/CDG Dec 8th,2005
2. CP / US4
3. W
4. Upon checkin at Envoy lounge
5. DS0087
6. Envoy full
7. Meals didn't look appetising but flight was great. Paris lounge and showers are dirty.

1. LGW/PHL Dec 13th,2005
2. CP / US4
3. W
4. Upon checkin
5. DS0087
6. 2 seats empty
7. Decent flights.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
1. EWR-CLT-FRA 12/08
2. CP
3. W
4. Upon checkin at EWR
5. DS0087
6. Envoy full
7. Only half of the movies advertised were loaded - none of the ones I wanted to see, of course! Very annoying.

1. FRA-PHL 12/11
2. CP
3. W
4. At the gate. First given 7F, then called again and seat changed to 1G without me asking. Nice.
5. DS0087
6. Envoy full.
7. Good flight, but once again, my movies weren't loaded. Rats! I think it was the same ship as my outbound, and I think I've heard the FRA-PHL is done with the ship that comes in from CLT.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:40 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
I am hoping to use a space avialble upgrade cert on friday, PHL-LGW. ITN shows C7 which I guess means only 7 seats left. Is it strange that via orbitz most seats in J are unfilled - something like 25 unclaimed j seats on the seatmap?

I have a paper ticket so can't do an online check-in (I think) - guess i have to turn up early and hope for the best.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 10:15 pm

Hope I am not going to far off topic, but can you help a noob out here please, I only just found this site recently.

I am currently US Silver flying DUB-MAN-PHL on 23rd Dec. How do you get an upgrade? The DUB - MAN leg is operated by Luxair who do not ticket you through to PHL this is done at the transfer desk in MAN. If my experience of a month ago is repeated that will be a nightmare.

On my return I am flying PHL-LGW-DUB on 1 Jan

How do i actually go about getting an upgrade? Do I ask at the gate? Contact US by phone or is there some secret method you won't share with a noob

TIA for your help ^
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Originally Posted by sts603
How do you get Transatlantic upgrades to clear early? I got a hold of some Space-Availables and had to wait until the airport last month.
I have CP TA Certs but how do you get ahold of Space-Availables?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:55 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by joshua-bwi
I have CP TA Certs but how do you get ahold of Space-Availables?

Check post #65.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by monitor
Blame Parker for what? For freeing up more Envoy seats for the likes of us who do not have corporate connections and have sometimes had trouble using our DMUTA5s? We'll have plenty of real stuff to blame Parker for soon enough.
It is my understanding that DMUTA5s are Space Positive certs and can clear ahead of time. Space Avaiable certs are cleared on the day of travel only. So they have no impact on your CP DMUTA5 certs.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Dec 15, 2005 at 6:58 am
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
It is my understanding that DMUTA5s are Space Positive certs and can clear ahead of time. Space Avaiable certs are cleared on the day of travel only. So they have no impact on your CP DMUTA5 certs.
Exactly. Blame Parker for ending the TA SA prgm. which helped elites who had connections and convinced them to pay more to fly US (I would not have on my last Europe trip - I spent $200 extra plus many more hours in the air to fly US strictly for the upgrade CHANCE with a SA) as well as many non-elites who chanced it as well and choose US because of it. Letting premium seats go out is generally stupid - this will cost US the coach pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.