Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Have 84k UsAir miles, do i have to have a UA account to sub?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways

I am trying to get to Costa Rica in the first 2 weeks of August from Charleston, Sc. THe only way so far is to spend 60k miles . . . I will do it if i have to . . . just hoping I can trade with some other airline.
Old May 25, 2005, 8:33 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking.
Old May 25, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
Are you trying to figure out if you can get the ticket for fewer miles through United?
Old May 26, 2005, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

re

"Are you trying to figure out if you can get the ticket for fewer miles through United?"

Yes or any other airline. All the possible flights to costa rica are blacked out at the usual 30 to 35k UsAir miles required to get there. If I choose to use 60k UsAir miles I can basically go whatever day and time I want.

I just dont want to burn 60k UsAir ff miles, is there something else I can do. Seems like if you have ua miles card you can sub out the Usair member # and possibly get a flight via UA . . . . if I am understanding correctly.
Old May 27, 2005, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by cheenzine
I just dont want to burn 60k UsAir ff miles, is there something else I can do. Seems like if you have ua miles card you can sub out the Usair member # and possibly get a flight via UA . . . . if I am understanding correctly.
You can pay cash for the ticket. Looks like it's around $500 for UA metal in early August. That's expensive, but if you're from Charleston, then you're probably used to paying a lot to fly.

As for having a UA miles card and sub out the US # to get a flight on UA metal, I have no idea what you mean. Using either program's miles, you can get a ticket on either airline's metal. So, if you have US miles, you can fly either/both US or UA. Same thing with UA miles.

Another option is to ticket the 30k award with the outbound that you want (it's available on August 2) and then try to go standby on the return. Or you can get a CLT-SJO award from 8/2-8/10.

You should call US DM though because the US site is awful. An agent might be able to find you something either on US or on UA metal.
Old May 31, 2005, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnep1
You can pay cash for the ticket. Looks like it's around $500 for UA metal in early August. That's expensive, but if you're from Charleston, then you're probably used to paying a lot to fly.

As for having a UA miles card and sub out the US # to get a flight on UA metal, I have no idea what you mean. Using either program's miles, you can get a ticket on either airline's metal. So, if you have US miles, you can fly either/both US or UA. Same thing with UA miles.

Another option is to ticket the 30k award with the outbound that you want (it's available on August 2) and then try to go standby on the return. Or you can get a CLT-SJO award from 8/2-8/10.

You should call US DM though because the US site is awful. An agent might be able to find you something either on US or on UA metal.

Thanks alot, you answered my questions I think, wading through all this info is kind of difficult especially for a newbie like me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.