Double Tier Miles between DCA and select cities

Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Double Tier Miles between DCA and select cities

Increase Your Capital via the Capitol --
Earn Double Miles Towards Preferred Status

Introducing Nonstop Service between Washington, D.C. and Atlanta, Chicago O'Hare, Cleveland, Dallas / Ft. Worth, Detroit and Houston

Dividend Miles members will earn double miles good towards Preferred status with the purchase of any paid fare for travel on nonstop flights between Reagan Washington National and Atlanta, Chicago OHare, Cleveland, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Detroit and Houston through June 30, 2005.

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/3409.htm
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: US1
Waaaahooooo!!! I am going to ATL and ORD in Feb (if my plans for business don't change abruptly).

And check out the fine print that I made bold! Means the 20k plus these!!!

Terms and Conditions: To qualify for bonus miles, one-time registration is required prior to first flight. Double miles bonus valid with the purchase of paid fares on US Airways or the US Airways Express carriers between Reagan Washington National Airport and Atlanta, Chicago OHare, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Detroit, Cleveland and Houston, February 6, 2005 through June 30, 2005. All or part of the service is offered on regional aircraft operated by US Airways Express carrier, PSA. Not valid on codeshare flights operated by airline partners, such as United. Offer can be combined with any other promotional flight bonus or other offer. Retroactive mileage will not be given prior to registration. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply

Last edited by US AIRWAYS FAN; Jan 21, 2005 at 3:47 pm
Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Origin elsewhere?

Do you think I can originiate in PHL and connect in DCA to these flights?
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:01 pm

Yes you can. Just make sure you start early in the day before PHL becomes a mess.

But remember all your tickets (if your are doing the 20 year promotion run) have to be under a different PNR.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Thanks for posting this, Neo! I have a couple of trips to ORD planned (but not yet booked) for February so my choice of airline will be simple. I was planning on flying AA from DCA to ORD since they actually serve a meal in F on the 1 1/2 hour flight, but an extra 2400 EQM on US is more valuable to me than a grilled chicken salad.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Yes you can. Just make sure you start early in the day before PHL becomes a mess.

But remember all your tickets (if your are doing the 20 year promotion run) have to be under a different PNR.
Thanks. Your information in this case and in others has been quite helpful. Good to have you around FT.

Unfortunatly, I just couldn't conjur up the time to do the 20K run so I asked regarding ATL and IAH trips I know I will make in May. Being in BNA at this time of year makes the mileage run just plain too time consuming.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Service on these nonstop routes includes new Embraer 170 jet service with all leather seating with adjustable headrests, no middle seats, wider seat width and generous legroom, lots of headroom and ample overhead bin space.

Who says you need first class with the 170 around? DFW isn't that far from DCA. Who needs a mainline jet anyway? Not U.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:23 pm

Sorry, I rather have the extra bonus miles than the snack basket.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Sorry, I rather have the extra bonus miles than the snack basket.

Bonus {Preferred or regular} miles mean nothing to me, I have all I can stand. Now if they supplied drink coupons, I am right there with you.

Last edited by planeluvr; Jan 21, 2005 at 9:51 pm
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Originally Posted by planeluvr
Service on these nonstop routes includes new Embraer 170 jet service with all leather seating with adjustable headrests, no middle seats, wider seat width and generous legroom, lots of headroom and ample overhead bin space.

Who says you need first class with the 170 around? DFW isn't that far from DCA. Who needs a mainline jet anyway? Not U.
If there's one problem with this new service in my mind, it's that these little jets don't offer first class, and just suffer from an image problem. I understand that U.S. is offering frequency over aircraft size, but on routes on which they compete for business travellers against CO, UA, NW, etc., I think it's a disadvantage. Of course, if these routes start to do really well, I could see them pulling in bigger planes in place of the 170s.

All that said, I think this is a major step in the effort to bring back US - these are markets that are a logical step out of DCA, and I am certainly hoping they do some real advertising in this market to push them.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
I think the E-170 is a great plane. I have flown it RIC-PHL and it was great. The pitch is a lot better then standard econ, not First Class but I think as a business person I like the pitch and 2X2 seating and the seats are wider.

GO US ^ ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.