Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are guests allowed on a one-day club membership?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver
Question Are guests allowed on a one-day club membership?

Title says it all -- we're flying PHL-DFW next weekend and today's statement mentions that one can purchase a one-day USAirways Club membership for $25.
ONE-DAY US AIRWAYS CLUB MEMBERSHIP FOR ONLY $25
Visit a US Airways Club before your next flight for only $25. You'll experience all the benefits of being a member and if you decide to join within 30 days of your visit we will credit your annual membership $25. Purchase your one-day membership at any domestic US Airways Club and its valid for unlimited entry into any location on day of purchase. While this offer ends on November 30, 2004, you may join the US Airways Club anytime. For more information and a complete list of locations, visit http://www.usairways.com/pro_services/club/index.htm
If we're reasonably early checking in at PHL I'd consider springing for the $25 entry if the two of us can get in for that. So, does the one-day membership confer all privileges including bringing in a guest?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 2:19 pm

bump

I, too, would like to know if anyone has an answer to the 'guest allowed?' question.

My wife and I are flying transcon in 5 days with a 2+ hour layover at CLT mid-afternoon and travelling with our lap-infant daughter.

If we arrive into CLT a little early and it's only $25, it's worth it, not so sure it's worth $50 though.

I'm assuming that we can also spend a little 'de-compression' time at LAX after arrival, too on the one-day pass?

Last edited by rocketscientist; Oct 28, 2004 at 2:22 pm Reason: grammar/clarity!
Old Oct 28, 2004, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
You might want to try giving the PHL club a call to see if they'll let you in with a guest on a day pass:

610-362-7714
Old Oct 29, 2004, 9:58 am

In my experience, you have to have a guest pass for each person entering.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Rather than a Guest Pass, the product US is pushing in this case is a $25 "day pass" with "all the benefits of being a member."

Of course, we've all heard that sort of come-on before, which is why I was looking for the fine print...
Old Oct 29, 2004, 2:08 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I have brought in a guest in without any issues several times on a free day pass (the ones they send with credit card statements and elite kits). I'm not sure if the 'purchased' day passes would be the same, but I don't see why not.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Bump.

Called the PHL club (flying to Venice Sunday night).

A married couple must purchase two day passes.

Day passes are now $40.

Last edited by pdhenry; Oct 8, 2005 at 4:53 pm
Old Oct 8, 2005, 7:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Here's the actual verbage from the US Airways Club page on the web site.

Club members may be accompanied by immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two guests, provided that US Airways, in its sole discretion, determines that adequate space and conditions exist. However, you must remain with your guests at all times during the visit. No guests are permitted with a paid one-day visit or complimentary one-time admission.

The wording is vague in the sense that it initially differentiates between spouse/partner, and guests. One could argue that "no guests" applies only to friends, etc.

My partner was traveling with a friend a few weeks back and bought a day pass in CLT. Bringing in his friend was not an issue. I hope if you try that you have the same success in PHL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.