Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA award using USAir miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

UA award using USAir miles

This may not be an insight to many but I was successful in using USAir miles to book 3 UAL seats to Hawaii in April. (free to Honolulu and I'll pay the inter-island to Maui - No hope for Maui direct). I got the run around from both USAir and United initailly but since UAL's website is MUCH better @ showing awailable FF award seats (is it me or is USAir's the example of worst possible), I think the key it is find UAL FF set availability via their website @ the "Saver" level which should (granted I booked a few hours prior to bankruptcy) be bookable by a Star Alliance partner. I had to travel Wednesday to the following Friday but used 105K miles for something that might pan out. Good luck. Also I called @ about 11:30 pm eastern, the USAir CS agent spent about 45 minutes trying to find a way to get around the UA system. I couldn't even get through during the day....
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:39 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Hopefully you will have a great trip to Hawaii.

Some of the problem that you may have experienced with usairways.com is that it only shows award availability for flights operated by US Airways. In your case, it would be impossible to book an award to Hawaii on the website, as US Airways does not fly there. The only way to redeem your US Dividend Miles on partner airlines is to call.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:43 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I don't believe UA's site does any better job of showing partner availability than does US Airways's site.

I was just a few minutes ago able to book PHL-OGG for 4 pax at the saver level - I was even offerred a choice of connections through ORD or SFO. But then I booked for next August as I always book my Hawaii awards when inventory first becomes available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.