Priceline seat assignments?

Subscribe
I've just booked a weekend trip in early February using Priceline. I tried calling US reservations just now to change my seat assignments to "preferred" seating, but the agent said that was not permissible because I was on a Priceline ticket. I pointed out that I am a UA Premier Exec member, but she said that doesn't matter because she can't input the FF number into a Priceline record, thus those seats are not available to me. It's not the end of the world if I can't change, because the flights are not particularly long, but I do prefer to sit towards the front of the cabin if possible. Is this agent correct, or did she feed me inaccurate information? For what it's worth, she sounded fairly experienced.
Just a friendly bump...does anyone have an answer? It seems silly that just because it's a Priceline ticket US won't seat me further forward in the same cabin.
I think she is correct, as the system won't allow them to give your special benefits to you without the FF number in there.

For example, I can't book exit row seating in advance or queue upgrades without my CP number in. The computer won't release the seats.
That's correct. Priceline works for airlines just like hotels: NO frequent traveler points or benefits.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tekelberry:
That's correct. Priceline works for airlines just like hotels: NO frequent traveler points or benefits.</font>
My experience is that Hyatt accrues points and benefits on PL stays and Hilton sometimes gives stay credit and points for incidentals charged to the room.
Didn't Seigel say several months ago that US would no longer give seats to 'opaque' sellers like Priceline? I seem to remember him saying that.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
Didn't Seigel say several months ago that US would no longer give seats to 'opaque' sellers like Priceline? I seem to remember him saying that.</font>
He said they were going to lessen their dependence on them I believe. Note that I don't think it would be advisable for any airline to pull out from such channels totally, worst case you'd list inventory at the same or just a few dollars less than is available through other channels. Priceline and Hotwire do so much marketing, you'd probably end up selling a few seats through them even if the prices were the same as through other channels.