Search

BOS-LGA Deals Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2003, 8:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BOS-LGA Deals Anyone?

Hi all,
Just seeing if anyone has any news of deals on the shuttle between BOS and LGA, or more prefferebly PWM-LGA on US in the upcoming weeks/weekends. I cant seem to find any fare sales or savers of late. Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2003, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
PWM-LGA is always an enomormous ripoff. Usually around the mid $200s after taxes for the cheapest fare. Your best bet is to take the drive down 95 to Logan and hit the shuttle. Youth fares (under 25) are generally very good ($72 walk-up with taxes one-way). I don't know your age but its a start. Other than that its looking like a $208 base r/t fare for weekday travel. ($118 for weekends). If you plan to pay the $208 you are probably better off flying from PWM where the lines are shorter, the traffic lighter, and the parking cheaper.
Old Aug 3, 2003, 11:30 am

Programs: UA *G MM
There's also the $148+tax fare valid weekends and off-peak any weekday with 7 day advance and Sat night stay. Valid LGA-BOS/DCA. DL, train and driving forces US to offer reasonable fares on the short shuttle flights.

This fares have not changed for a long time whereas they really jacked up DCA-BOS.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Anyone know if there is a similar youth walk-up fare for DCA- LGA
Old Oct 24, 2003, 4:39 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yevlesh2:
Anyone know if there is a similar youth walk-up fare for DCA- LGA</font>
See http://www.usairways.com/about/corpo...ex.htm#Special Shuttle Fares

Old Oct 24, 2003, 6:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
I saw that page, but on the next page ( http://www.usairways.com/promotions/...le_gofares.htm ) it says that goYouth tickets have a 7 day advance purchase requirement. I was wondering if there is any fare which is truly walk-up, no advance purchase needed.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chalf:
See http://www.usairways.com/about/corpo...ex.htm#Special Shuttle Fares

</font>
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:19 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
PWM-LGA is always an enomormous ripoff. Usually around the mid $200s after taxes for the cheapest fare. Your best bet is to take the drive down 95 to Logan and hit the shuttle. Youth fares (under 25) are generally very good ($72 walk-up with taxes one-way). I don't know your age but its a start. Other than that its looking like a $208 base r/t fare for weekday travel. ($118 for weekends). If you plan to pay the $208 you are probably better off flying from PWM where the lines are shorter, the traffic lighter, and the parking cheaper.
Blast from the past here but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why the PWM-LGA fares which used to be an "enormous" ripoff at $250 or so are now a gigantic ripoff at $350+?! according to a search-by-price. I know Delta has charged a lot more than US for quite a while now on this route--has US just decided to match Delta's higher fare?

It's nothing to do with PWM, since PWM-DCA fares are still reasonable (and oddly, PWM-IAD fares on UA seem lower now than they were when FlyI was competing on that route).
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:23 pm

JetBlue, $40 each way

Fly JetBlue for $40 each way from BOS-JFK.

Take the AirTrain from JFK to Manhattan.

Plus you get free Direct TV and snacks on JetBlue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.