Who post here on US Airways

Old Jun 20, 2003, 2:10 pm

College student and dealer in collectibles based in Philadelphia. I go to trade shows and auctions about every other week for business, averaging about 100k miles annually. Although most of my travels are to major cities that US serves, I use United for airports like SJC, AUS, SLC, etc. Of course, I credit all the miles back to US!
Old Jun 20, 2003, 3:34 pm

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
Thirty-something engineering professional working for a large science/chemical company as an internal consultant/project manager in process automation, control systems, and ERP integration strategies. A lot of my travel is leisure these days as most activities that would require business travel (for site visits) can effectively be done remotely (WebEx, Terminal Services, pcAnywhere, etc.)... Or through integrators and consultants like CPRich

PS: If I were an airline marketing guy, I'd be drooling all over this thread...

[This message has been edited by Arrzee (edited 06-20-2003).]
Old Jun 20, 2003, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Arrzee:

PS: If I were an airline marketing guy, I'd be drooling all over this thread...
06-20-2003).][/B]</font>

Yeah but we know our dear friend, BBB, is such a fool he wouldn't learn anything from reading these posts.

Old Jun 20, 2003, 6:23 pm
ATC

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
Low-level functionary for a major North American government. Through most of the 1990's I was elite-eligible, but, well, didn't have a clue (i.e. spread my trips among airlines). I caught the clue in 1996 and have been Silver/Gold elite since.

I achieved the Holy Grail, Chairman's Preferred, in October 2002. However, work trips dried up, so I have yet to taste the forbidden delights of top-tier. Not one segment since 10/02. I yearn.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 9:37 am

Programs: AA LTG EXP, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ATC:
Low-level functionary for a major North American government</font>
You mean there is more than one???
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:16 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jcrb:
You mean there is more than one??? </font>
If you ask that question in Texas, you would be shocked at the response .

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:30 am

Programs: AA LTG EXP, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ClueByFour:
If you ask that question in Texas, you would be shocked at the response .
</font>
No don't think I would be shocked by the response.

I'm quite sure any good Texan would agree that there is only one major government on the North American continent.

They would just explain that that big buliding in Washington is mearly their "summer palace"
Old Jun 21, 2003, 4:44 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
VP of sales for a major chemical company; I fly out of GSO rather than CLT to save some major bucks
Old Jun 22, 2003, 7:44 am

Interesting thread!

I'm probably going to have the most unusual job here - I'm an international cat show judge.

I travel about 24 weekends a year - used to be US exclusively when I lived on the east coast, but now that I fly out of Seattle, that has changed.

Internationally, flights depend on the location - I'm off to Australia in July on Quantas - and will be going to Italy in Sept.

Flights to Canada now usually involve driving to BC and flying either AC or West Jet
Old Jun 22, 2003, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vicrock:
Interesting thread!

I'm probably going to have the most unusual job here - I'm an international cat show judge.

I travel about 24 weekends a year - used to be US exclusively when I lived on the east coast, but now that I fly out of Seattle, that has changed.

Internationally, flights depend on the location - I'm off to Australia in July on Quantas - and will be going to Italy in Sept.

Flights to Canada now usually involve driving to BC and flying either AC or West Jet
</font>
You would love our Korat!

[This message has been edited by GadgetFreak (edited 06-22-2003).]
Old Jun 23, 2003, 1:42 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I am a wastewater chemist for a large municipility. I turned 45 yesterday. My travel is mostly leisure. I enjoy flying to Europe on very inexpensive tickets usually in the off season & using my miles to go to Australia in First or business. Now with the ability to get UA awards & US joining the * Alliance, award redemptions will only get better.

I enjoy flying & seeing new places. Of course, I go when the ticket prices are very inexpensive. I have gone SAN-LGW a couple years ago for $255 base & most of my LAX-Europe tickets were under $400 base.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 10:22 am

Egads! I am surrounded by computer geeks and salesmen.

I will bite and possibily blow my cover.

I am currently an attorney specializing in environmental matters after having deciding "if you can't beat them, might as well join them" when I was an aspiring environmental scientist/engineer who wanted to be a university prof and kept on butting heads with lawyers challenging scientifc conclusions. (I was proved right years later when I was in law school.)

I am privy to real SSI(but old stuff) on some aspects of aviation security (this is for our TSA friends) and other SSI knowing where geo gets beers having had the honor and privilege to down a few with him. I started flying with PI and had been faithful but have strayed a little with the MRTC crowd. Business is 60-70% with most being the short hops to DCA but since I deal with issues nationally I get the occasional transcon to LA to deal with "anything for the environment" truck ban regulations.

Hope to see some of you to learn how to make my old digital camera work with my old computer. It looks like I am older than most of you. Two kids, 4 hamsters (they multiply fast), 2 guinea pigs, 2 hermit crabs and 2 fish. Kids say my youngest brother is "cool", I, however, am a "geezer". Feeling very old right now.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 10:59 am

My office is in Sunrise FL, and I work out of a home office in Chapel Hill. I travel the Carolina's GA, AL, & TN adn work for a major electronics company. The last 2 years I fly out of RDU, prior to that it was GSO for 15 years. Most of my air travels have been in the last few years with achieving CP since 2000.
Hilton properties are my favorites, and yes I'm a geek and a salesperson; computers, dvd's and TV, I love it all.
Not a frequent poster, but I love to lurk...

------------------
Travel can be fun, just not everyday...
Old Jun 23, 2003, 2:01 pm
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Okay,
I am a CPA from AVL. Mid 40s, single, one cat. I am currently US1 (cockroach division). All of my travel is leisure oriented paid for out of my pocket. My usual destinations seem to be LGW, MUC, SEA, SAN and LAS. I will depart from AVL when the rates are reasonable, but otherwise it will be CLT or RDU. I became a US Preferred by accident in 1999. I took advantage of the inaugural CLT LGW fares in June of that year. A few months later I received a postcard with a challenge to make Silver with so many segments or miles or one transatlantic trip. I tossed it and forgot about it. Later that year, BA had $199 fares from their gateway cities. Since CLT was one at that time I tried to get one of those flights and they were sold out. US had matched those fares so we booked on them. A few weeks after my return, I received the welcome kit for Silver. That was in November so it turned out that I was good through 2000. To see what Preferred was good for I Googled the term and found Flyertalk.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 2:40 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Native of Pittsburgh PA. GO STEELERS! Early twenties, just graduated from Purdue University (no, really?!?) Bachelor of Science in Aviation Technology. FAA licensed commercial pilot with instrument rating. Used to want to fly professionally for the airlines, but now I am leaning towards Aviation consulting or the Aviation management side of things. But, i'd really be happy to find a company that lets me fly all over the place so i can earn FF miles (yes, I have the sickness like all of you).

Anyone in the aviation business, if you're hiring...feel free to let me know

------------------
Boiler Up!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.