The glass is half full...GS 2012

Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
As I said before, I'd love a GS, but I'd love a DEQM promo more.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: US Air, United
I actually booked a cruise through US Airways Cruises for the end of October so I could get a hit!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
I just exchanged some tweets with @usairways re: Grand Slam 2012 and was told "nothing has been announced so far. Just keep checking on the website for any info"

Hopefully, that means there will be a GS12.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: Several dozen
At least not in the form in was before. The Fangsters and bean counters are tightening the screws.

Originally Posted by maksimfa
So seems like more and more things are adding up that there will not be GS12 as I mentioned earlier.

I would not be surprised though if there is another sort of promo though. will keep you guys updated if I hear anything else from my sources.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:05 am

Does anyone know what day it was formally announced last year? Early or late August?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
The Tweet last year was on August 16th. (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16934640-post283.html)

I think the formal announcements were a little later in the month.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Mike,

Send it to me. I've lost 30 pounds since the last Grand Slam ended, so can afford to eat a few more jars of Biscoff.

Thanks!
Congrats!

And, much as I look forward to the GS promo, I'd happily trade it in for that one where you got a 250% bonus on partner miles if you used five partners. Track It Back, anyone?

Mike
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:33 am

I tweeted yesterday and got this reply:

@nadangress.Sorry. No information for the Grand Slam promotions for 2012 has been revealed to us yet. Please keep checking back. ^KM

Not looking good...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
Congrats!

And, much as I look forward to the GS promo, I'd happily trade it in for that one where you got a 250% bonus on partner miles if you used five partners. Track It Back, anyone?

Mike
You do know that Track It Back went Belly UP?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by nangress
I tweeted yesterday and got this reply:

@nadangress.Sorry. No information for the Grand Slam promotions for 2012 has been revealed to us yet. Please keep checking back. ^KM

Not looking good...
Seems positive to me. If there will not be a GS for 2012, why write, " please keep checking back"
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by metoo
Seems positive to me. If there will not be a GS for 2012, why write, " please keep checking back"
I am inclined to believe this too, US does not want to split the attention with the 30 days of DCA promotion. After that is over (Aug 5?) the GS leaks will begin.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by balima
You do know that Track It Back went Belly UP?
I didn't. That's too bad.

Mike
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I'm wondering how the potential merge with AA would affect Grand Slam. It does raise a lot of quick cash but if the current rumours (merge won't happen) are true, does that kill the incentive for US to run a Grand Slam?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Tiki
I'm wondering how the potential merge with AA would affect Grand Slam. It does raise a lot of quick cash but if the current rumours (merge won't happen) are true, does that kill the incentive for US to run a Grand Slam?
How do you get to that one, they ran last year and year before when a merger wasnt on the agenda?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
The discussion of US trying to merge or buy AA has been going on for a few years, it's only just escalated since AA filed bankruptcy. So these cash raising ventures like Grand Slam and the double miles sales could have been for the purpose of acquisitions. If the acquisitions are off the table..............do the bonus schemes continue?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.