Grand Slam eligibility

Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Grand Slam eligibility

Hi Guys,
Curiosity question. Do I need to have the USAirways Mastercard / or VISA or any type of card for the frequent US Air program in order to participate in the Grand Slam programs?. I just started flying with the USAir program as my corporation dropped JetBlue out of the lineup. In the 6 months I made it to Gold and looks like this might be worth keeping it. Looks like GrandSlam could enhance my points a lot and want to make sure that I am eligible to participate. If not maybe I can get the appropriate card.
(I know per rules it gives you 1 hit but anything more)?.
Thanks for the help
Andy
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
Grand Slam eligibility

Nope that is it. I didn't have it last year and was fine.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by andyt
Looks like GrandSlam could enhance my points a lot and want to make sure that I am eligible to participate. If not maybe I can get the appropriate card.
(I know per rules it gives you 1 hit but anything more)?.
Thanks for the help
Andy
First US needs to announce there will be a GS. A US branded CC is not necessary to join IF there is a GS '12.

Welcome to FT andyt.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
First US needs to announce there will be a GS. A US branded CC is not necessary to join IF there is a GS '12.

Welcome to FT andyt.

Thanks Guys. Hope they will have one this year.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i would recommend getting one just to have (with 40k bonus) and the 5k off every award redemption. plus it's a free hit
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it.

Maybe I'll do a few for some household members, as well.

Mike
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by mrredskin
5k off every award redemption.
Every award redemption solely on US Airways metal.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin
i would recommend getting one just to have (with 40k bonus) and the 5k off every award redemption. plus it's a free hit
I learn something new every day! I have the US Airways Visa and never knew I would receive 5k off every award redemption. Are there any special booking procedures I need to follow to save the 5k miles? Thanks for the info mrredskin!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by starflyer
I learn something new every day! I have the US Airways Visa and never knew I would receive 5k off every award redemption.
And don't forget, that 5,000 discount is even off of US Airways' already great value off-peak awards:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...-amazing-deal/
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
E-Rewards

I did not participate in Grand Slam last year, but I plan to this year.

I see E-Rewards as a partner, but I don't see the ability to transfer points from E-Rewards to Dividend Miles. Did they drop US as a transfer option? I must be missing something, but what is it?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by redtop43
I did not participate in Grand Slam last year, but I plan to this year.

I see E-Rewards as a partner, but I don't see the ability to transfer points from E-Rewards to Dividend Miles. Did they drop US as a transfer option? I must be missing something, but what is it?
nope US is still there.however if you signed up to eRewards via another Airline or eMiles then it wont be aqn option for you to transfer o them. (btw this is the case no matter which Carrier or if it was via eMiles that a person signed up) Those who were invited say via Hertz will be able to transfer to eMilesor any carrier that participates with eReward

btw theres no ay to sign up for eRewards you must e invited by a program that partners with it. I guess you can use adifferent email address for a different partner of theres and hope that triggers an invite
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Yes, my invitation (years ago) came from Delta. So presumably I can't get that hit?

Looks like I could get a hit if I can get enough credits for 5,000 Choice points though, and convert these to 1,000 US Miles.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Several dozen
In my crystal ball this is looking iffy as LCC has been playing HCC since they went on the wagon with AA. I'm thinking if there is a GS its gonna be interesting in an Avios or Skymiles miles redemption sort of way. Just seems to me LCC is prettying their pig prior to a merger Luau. But FTR, their piggy already looks far prettier than Facebook's nasty old boar.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
First US needs to announce there will be a GS...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Automatically appears after the card has been used, although with some lag time.

I learn something new every day! I have the US Airways Visa and never knew I would receive 5k off every award redemption. Are there any special booking procedures I need to follow to save the 5k miles? Thanks for the info mrredskin!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
US Airways Visa? Do you mean the debit card? The 5K off US metal awards is for Barclays US Airways Mastercard holders.

I agree it's a great card. The annual fee is $89 but you get 10K miles when you pay it, effectively buying miles for 0.89cpm. Not bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.