Time to cancel Netflix and Lifelock?

Old May 14, 2012, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Time to cancel Netflix and Lifelock?

Is it OK if I cancel Netflix or Lifelock now? Besides, I signed up for Lifelock for a year. Will I get a prorated refund? Thanks.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I was thinking about Netflix this weekend at my parents' house. They signed up for the hit and IIRC May 14 was the 6 months mark.

Someone must remember what the date is....
Old May 14, 2012, 4:08 pm

Yes, May 14th is the 6 month time limit. For safety's sake give it an extra day or two, in case they argue that you can't cancel until after May 14.

Note that even if you cancel Netflix, you won't be able to use it as a partner if there's a 2012 Grand Slam. They keep a record of your DM number and won't award a second bonus to it.
Old May 14, 2012, 9:47 pm

Does it matter when you signed up, or just had to wait until after 14 May?
Old May 15, 2012, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanh
Yes, May 14th is the 6 month time limit. For safety's sake give it an extra day or two, in case they argue that you can't cancel until after May 14.

Note that even if you cancel Netflix, you won't be able to use it as a partner if there's a 2012 Grand Slam. They keep a record of your DM number and won't award a second bonus to it.
How did you receive this information? In my experience, I have been able to getting Netflix hit for both 2010 and 2011 grand slam promotion. Did Netflix figure it out?
Old May 15, 2012, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Does it matter when you signed up, or just had to wait until after 14 May?
No, it doesn't matter when you signed up.

The T&Cs stated you needed to wait 6 months from the end of the Grand Slam promotion which ended on Nov 14.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by alanh
...Note that even if you cancel Netflix, you won't be able to use it as a partner if there's a 2012 Grand Slam. They keep a record of your DM number and won't award a second bonus to it.
What would happen if you were a Netflix member, but a member who had never received the signup bonus. Could you cancel and then wait until GS to rejoin and get the bonus.
Old May 26, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by tylergupku
Is it OK if I cancel Netflix or Lifelock now? Besides, I signed up for Lifelock for a year. Will I get a prorated refund? Thanks.
Unless you're just not using Netflix at all, I'd check what date your last payment was made. You pay in advance for a month of service, and you get no refund for an unused partial month. Might as well wait to cancel until the day before your next payment is made and see a few more movies in the meantime.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by srdshelly
Unless you're just not using Netflix at all, I'd check what date your last payment was made. You pay in advance for a month of service, and you get no refund for an unused partial month. Might as well wait to cancel until the day before your next payment is made and see a few more movies in the meantime.
When I went to cancel Netflix, it said:

Please note:

Cancellation will be effective at the end of your current billing period Jun 4, 2012.
I canceled and can still use it.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:24 am
Original Poster

For Netflix, there was no prorated refund for me.

I have not called lifelock yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.