Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

I Admit: I Participated in Grand Slam BUT Forgot to Register!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

I'm not a newbie so I have no excuse. For the GS promo I did the super-easy 8 hits thing for my wife and me, my 10K bonus posted quickly but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why her bonus wasn't posting. Finally after much head-scratching I realized that I totally forgot to register her in the promo.

I've been beating myself up about this knucklehead move ever since (was planning to use the 10K for a HI interisland R/T this spring). Misery loves company, anyone else care to admit a similar blunder?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Oops.

I actually went the opposite way and registered at least three times. I never got a confirmation email or any other indication in my account that I was signed up for GS. I had to come to this board to figure out that this was normal.

It was only after my first bonuses posted that I was really certain I was successfully registered...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by yanxfann:17703548
I'm not a newbie so I have no excuse. For the GS promo I did the super-easy 8 hits thing for my wife and me, my 10K bonus posted quickly but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why her bonus wasn't posting. Finally after much head-scratching I realized that I totally forgot to register her in the promo.

I've been beating myself up about this knucklehead move ever since (was planning to use the 10K for a HI interisland R/T this spring). Misery loves company, anyone else care to admit a similar blunder?
How about sending an e-mail to US explaining the situation and asking whether they can manually track yr hits?? You don't lose anything..

One of my friends (newly minted ff) also forgot to sign up and I adviced him to do the same, but he appears very reluctant.. Can't understand why!!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
 sorry!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:10 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I registered but...

I did remember to register - (bummer, that!) - but I'll admit that I opened and funded the Sharebuilder hit but didn't use the US Air link so it was a foul ball.

Stinks!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I will admit that last year I jumped the gun when I registered and then the next day did an e-rewards transfer, and then saw that the start date was later! Of course then it was 90 days between redemptions and I did not have more points!!

judyJFLA
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
How about sending an e-mail to US explaining the situation and asking whether they can manually track yr hits?? You don't lose anything..

One of my friends (newly minted ff) also forgot to sign up and I adviced him to do the same, but he appears very reluctant.. Can't understand why!!
Hey :P

I was not reluctant, just a proud procrastinator I've sent an e-mail though recently.
I am not sure I forgot to sign up, since I did sign up for a lot of things that same day (I don't have a problem admitting being silly when I am :P). And definitely US not sending a confirmation e-mail makes things worse, because I can't possibly know other way or prove if I have registered or not and will have to go with what they say...
Duh... next year maybe...
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:36 am

Just a heads-up:

they told me that their records indicate I haven't registered and that they don't make any exceptions to ensure fairness (fair enough). Well, since their e-mail confirmation system is junk (as seen in another thread) I have no other way of knowing, and I have to accept what they say (which probably is right anyway!)...
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:44 am

me 2

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I registered and couldnt wait to get started. Nailed my first 8 hits and was frustrated that my GF hadnt started and didnt seem to care (can you imagine that!!??) So, I jumped into her acct and started firing up hits on her behalf. I tried to blame the lack of registration on her lackadaisical attitude. That only got me in more hot water.

Eventually, we typed out a clear well written email saying that she thought she had registered and that we felt the participation was clear using the dates and particular activites. She admitted it was 100% her (meaning mine of course) fault and threw ourselves on the mercy of partner marketing usairways. To their credit we were shocked when they gave us a one time forgivness and enrolled her. Much to my Happiness. Nothing like fumbling the ball in OT and your team ends up winning anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.