FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion-684/)
-   -   Can you earn hits after midnight on 11/13? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-2011-grand-slam-promotion/1279032-can-you-earn-hits-after-midnight-11-13-a.html)

tmj212 Nov 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Can you earn hits after midnight on 11/13?

DISCLAIMER: I am a GS newbie. Please forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else. I have searched all the thread headers and read most where one might expect to find this answer before posting:)

I'm thinking of going for 28 miles, right now I'm at about 23 depending how you count them, and wanted to know if activity that posts with transaction dates of 11/14 will count.

Anybody know for sure?

dsquared37 Nov 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by tmj212 (Post 17435114)
DISCLAIMER: I am a GS newbie. Please forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else. I have searched all the thread headers and read most where one might expect to find this answer before posting:)

I'm thinking of going for 28 miles, right now I'm at about 23 depending how you count them, and wanted to know if activity that posts with transaction dates of 11/14 will count.

Anybody know for sure?

Activity occurring on the 14th will count.

MkDL426 Nov 12, 2011 11:31 am

I also apologize if this has been posted, but this thread has a lot of information! I started the GS promo in September and slowed down on it recently as I got busier. If I do multiple activities this weekend (1-2 car rentals, shopping mall, hotel stay(s), etc.) are these going to count. Will the actual date that I purchased the item or rented/stayed be the deciding factor - or is it when the company would list the post date?

BearSmart Nov 12, 2011 11:43 am

Originally Posted by MkDL426 (Post 17437772)
I also apologize if this has been posted, but this thread has a lot of information! I started the GS promo in September and slowed down on it recently as I got busier. If I do multiple activities this weekend (1-2 car rentals, shopping mall, hotel stay(s), etc.) are these going to count. Will the actual date that I purchased the item or rented/stayed be the deciding factor - or is it when the company would list the post date?

The Activity Date posted on the account is the deciding factor. For example, Hertz use pick up date as activity date, Vinesse uses shipping date (?), ... etc.

alanh Nov 12, 2011 6:30 pm

And oddly, Club Carlson (Radisson) points post with an activity date the day prior to the date you request it. So if you request a transfer on 11/15, it will post with an 11/14 date. This, BTW, bit some people who jumped on it on the first day -- the transfers posted as 9/13, a day before the GS started.